Party time!!! oh nooo

Options
Hey everyone
Ive got a kids party to attend in a couple of days and Im dreading it lots of nibbles and cakes jelly and ice cream :sad:
Does anyone have any tips on how to keep away from the food
Should I eat before I go? What could I eat to fill me while im there?
Ive done really good this week so far I dont want to let it all go to waste

Replies

• ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would definitely eat before you go. You don't want to walk in hungry with all that food there. I would also drink water at the party so that you have something to keep your hands busy and your belly full. Maybe they will have some veggies there that you could snack on or if it would be appropriate maybe you could bring a veggie tray or some fruit. Otherwise, I would focus on the conversations and the water:) Good luck! You can do this!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat something (not a full meal) before you go.

And then picture that the host or one of the kids sneezed all over the junk food- may help you stay off of it.

Or you could indulge in moderation- I usually do this, but often I don't enjoy birthday cake (esp grocery store cake) so it's just not worth it.

Hope that helps.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Drink 16 oz of water before you go, plus chug another 8 oz of warm water with the juice of one lemon. It will make you feel full and the lemon water will curb your appetite.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go and take some snacks so you don't feel deprived and so you don't have to just watch others eat. I'd steer clear from the buffet completely, that processed food always look nicer than it actually is. I'd eat a reasonable sized meal before you go so you're not hungry, take a banana and some nuts. Good luck!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    eat before you go!
    stay away from the food table
    alway have water-drink in your hand
    but if you do have something small there plan only one thing...enjoy it
    don't beat yourself up
    get back on track the next day-monday never come
    good luck
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Bring your own healthy food such as rasberrys, strawberry's, or other fruit. Eat before you go. Its OK to have a slice of cake and some cookies from time to time - just dont over do it and DONT make pastries into a meal - thats when the pounds come back on.
  • strawn0830
    strawn0830 Posts: 10
    Options
    I would allow myself some of the treats. If you get a piece of cake...eat half of it. It really is ok to enjoy treats every once in a while if you are exercising routinely!
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Usually, what I do when I know I have a party to go to in a week or so, I will eat as clean as I can the entire week then use the party as my "cheat day".

Now, cheat day doesn't mean you sit and eat the whole birthday cake. However, a slice of cake and/or a half a cup of ice cream really will not hurt your eating habits. The point of a nutritious lifestyle is to eat smarter. If you don't think you can stop at that ONE slice of cake, then don't eat it at all.

As to what to eat instead, maybe bringing a fruit or veggie tray to the party for the adults to share isn't a bad idea. Also, maybe some of the kids would rather fruit too?
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Eat before you go? Depends. if you think that will help you not eat, then by all means. If you think you cant resist temptation, then dont....because it will just end up being more calories.

Me? I'd take a protein bar. If they had food I thought I could eat within reason, I'd eat some of that. If they didnt, I'd eat the protein bar.
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    Going to try the warm water and lemon
    maybe have a small meal before I go but I do know there is going to be salad on offer now so I can be happy with that hopefully
    fingers crossed...
    Im going to try not to stress too much about it tho.. It is only one day
    salad here I come :laugh: