Big Bottom Girls

Options
gotabayqh
gotabayqh Posts: 34 Member
I have always had trouble finding jeans to fit my pear shaped figure. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm sick of the gap in the back!!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I wear them low, off of the hip or i need a belt. My butt and legs are one size and my waist and upper body are smaller.
  • Nic0522
    Nic0522 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump!!!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I wear them low, off of the hip or i need a belt. My butt and legs are one size and my waist and upper body are smaller.

I do the same thing. :)
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    H&M jeans fit me well. Gap does too, but they are a little expensive in my book. Whatever stores i go to, i always do the stretch test with the jeans on the rack. i hold them up, with my hands on each leg and slightly tug them. if there is no stretch at all i dont even waste my time trying them on.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Silver Jeans (brand) are perfect low rise big bottom girl jeans...can be pricey but they look amazing!

You can get them at Maurices, Buckle, Macy's...etc
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I also have always been larger on the bottom than on the top (although that is starting to change now with all the exercise!). I have recently found that the Lee brand of jeans, modern fit, w/the "no gap" comfort fit waistband fit the best. They truly do not gap in the back (at least not on me and my hips are currently 40.5" with a waist of 31"). Try them and see if they work for you.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! Major gap all the time...no matter what. Then, I have to find LONG ones too!! GRRR!!! Very frustrating. I do have a pair of Victoria's Secret VS Hipsters (http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265482430715&c=Page&cid=1304338689811&pagename=vsdWrapper) that aren't too bad. They are made with a smaller waist to try and avoid the gap.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    total hour glass here,waist is small,but legs and hiney not so much,so i wear 7 for mankind fit well and look great.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Even as a child without curves I had that problem. I remember my Mom used to open the waistband of my jeans and add elastic to the back to make them fit!

I'm also very short-waisted, so that adds to the problem. My natural waist isn't in the "normal" place. Buying petites sometimes works for shorts or capris. I have a petite body, but regular length legs.

If you can sew or know someone who can, it's pretty simple to add a couple darts in the back. Easier with slacks than jeans, since denim is such a heavy fabric.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    @lisastrom....Lee Comfort fit works best for me as well. I still have to choose between a little bit form fitting in the saddlebag area or a bit of a gap...so I choose the form fitting. The jeans have a bit of stretch to them so they are not uncomfortable at all! The waist band has very well hidden elastic. YOu would never know from the outside that it is there.

I buy mine at Kohls. I am just over 5 ft 1 inch so I appreciate that they also come in a "short" so as I was shrinking, I didn't need to hem them. Now that I buy the size 4, the regular length is perfect.

The are reasonably priced as well.

I didn't know that was a side effect of losing weight that I would start fitting into clothes better for length as well.

D
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Um not all of us can wear low rise anything. I actually think it's gross for someone with a gutt to wear low rise. (not saying any of you are that person) I'm just saying. I'd rather be left with the gap than to be one of those people. A belt does solve the problem to a point.
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.... at this time, & for many years now,,, just havent had any that actually fit attractively
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have found that "hip-hop-ish" brands of jeans (for lack of a better word) tend to be flattering for us big butted, big hipped girls. I had a RocaWear pair that fit me like a dream and was very flattering.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I REFUSE to buy my jeans anywhere else than American Eagle... I feel ridiculous going in there with the 14-18 year olds, BUT their jeans ROCK! I LOVE them. They Just brought back their "boyfriend" style jeans, the butt and thighs are a little bigger and the waist is perfect... I have never had a gap.

I however HATE streach jeans, i think they make me look fat, I like heavy non streachy jeans, and American Eagle Jeans don't streach and they are on the heavy side.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have found that "hip-hop-ish" brands of jeans (for lack of a better word) tend to be flattering for us big butted, big hipped girls. I had a RocaWear pair that fit me like a dream and was very flattering.
    Applebottoms!! hahahahaaaa
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    apple bottom jeans.....they are pricey, but you can get some off ebay if you want, And you don't have to wear the boots with the fur, but you can get low low low low low low low in them without too much crack hanging out
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Most jeans that have a waist size and length size work. I like Vanity, Silver, Lucky, Miss Me...most jeans you can find at Nordstroms Rack, Buckle, Maurices, Dillards, Bergners, Vanity... They come with a high price but are more than worth it to me!
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    apple bottom jeans.....they are pricey, but you can get some off ebay if you want, And you don't have to wear the boots with the fur, but you can get low low low low low low low in them without too much crack hanging out

hahahaha..... that was funny.