H2O otherwise known as WATER...DRINK IT!

phatsoslim
phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Water, water and more water...DRINK IT! I love it! I find it is much easier to drink, if you always have a glass or water bottle nearby. Measure how much water fits into it and then drink it. You will then know exactly how much you have had, then logged it and fill it up again. Don't fill it up when it's half full, keep on drinking until it is empty. Try to steer clear of using a straw, I usually use something that I can GUZZLE the water down. Yesterday, I drank 8 cups by noon. I was using a plastic cup that holds 3 cups. I drank, I logged, I filled it up again, I did it all over again.

So remember:

DRINK, LOGGED, FILL UP. REPEAT. DRINK, LOGGED, FILL UP. REPEAT. AND SO ON...

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    I have a 24oz thermos intak bottle that has a twisty thing on top that shows how many bottles you've had. I drink about 5 bottles every day. I never go anywhere without my water bottle. :) My husband is the same way with his now.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    I gag on water w/o straw.

These are my favorite ways to drink it::
    I ♥love♥ drinking it from empty soda can (I'm trying to cut my soda habit)
    Also I use an empty slimfast can.
    A 32oz refillable fountain drink cup =)

Always flavored, I have not found plain water I can drink (w/exception of eating at restaurant)
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    my cup hold 23 oz and i tend to drink 3 of those by the time i leave work... i'll drink another 2 when i get home.

i grew up drinking more water than drinks/juice/soda so i've never had trouble drinking water.

lil crystal lights packs are a nice touch for those who dont like plain water. only about 5 or so calories
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Yesterday I think I drank a 1.5 gallons. I'm sure about the gallon - not sure about the rest because we were eating out and I lost track. I, too, don't care for plain water - it's got to be flavored, unless I'm eating out and it's got tons of ice in it.

I don't always log it anymore, but it's a habit now.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Ick. Sorry for the double post...
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Agreed! This is exactly what I do. Although I do prefer my water with a straw, I seem to drink faster that way.
  • destiny637
    destiny637 Posts: 79
    Why should you avoid using a straw? I've always found it makes it so much easier to drink a ton of water when using a straw. Am I missing something? :)

thx!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    I just find I can drink more without using a straw. Plus, I find I take in too much air with a straw. Strange I know. I guess it's just personal preferance.
  • i like drinking it out of a 20 oz soda bottle,pretend like im drinking a cold budweiser,and i aim for 5 a day.
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    i think a lot of people dont realize how easy it is... 8 oz is only a kid size cup!!! when they think 8 cups im sure they visualize the drinks you get at restaurants lol!!! fill up one of those 44 oz cups from a gas station and you're almost done for the day ;)
This discussion has been closed.