week # 17 5lb loss.........I am concerned

Crystalchaos72
Crystalchaos72 Posts: 531
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
- have lost weight every week for 17 weeks......a total of 52#......I was having 1-2 lb losses here and there and an occasional 3# loss. I am very concerned since I am approximately 9 ish lbs from goal. The only differences I have is I upped my protein and have been eating healthier. I exercise less and I am a wee bit worried. I will open my diary for you to see to maybe get some suggestions.....recently I iincreased my daily activity level to "very active" and I am set upo to lose 1# a week. I am going to try to increase my daily cals by 100 so when I get to maintainence it won't be a shocker to the system. Thank you :)

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Are you doing any type of strength training?
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    how does your body look/feel? You may have set your goals too low - your body may be saying it can lose more, and its shedding that weight.

Or... if your body isn't toning up, you're only seeing a loss on the scale... you could be losing muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat and when your body starts to lose it... you're going to lose weight.

I would strongly recommend adding in exercise and strength training specifically.
  • mrsltd08
    mrsltd08 Posts: 9
    Weight Training classes really helped my weight loss. I have a lot more to go but weight training classes have really helped me.
  • I do jazzercise and pushups......I am working back into the strength training this week. I look ok and feel ok.......I eat 100+ protein most days
  • Weight Training classes really helped my weight loss. I have a lot more to go but weight training classes have really helped me.

That is great :)
    I need suggestions on how to slow it down......I am set for 1# a week and have lost more than that every week except one time. My diary is open
  • angshep
    angshep Posts: 3 Member
    I would agree and say the incorporating weight training into your workouts will greatly help. Not only will more muscle help to tone up and have more visible results, but it will also help you burn more calories throughout the day. Also, I looked through your diary for about a week and I really didn't notice any fruits and veggies in your diet. Are you restricted in the type of fruits or vegetables you can consume? If not, I think helping to incorporate more wholesome foods, such as fruits and veggies, will help with your weight loss as well. They are also critical in nutritional support. If you don't like too many fruits or vegetables, I would encourage a multi-vitamin, if not already taking.
  • I would agree and say the incorporating weight training into your workouts will greatly help. Not only will more muscle help to tone up and have more visible results, but it will also help you burn more calories throughout the day. Also, I looked through your diary for about a week and I really didn't notice any fruits and veggies in your diet. Are you restricted in the type of fruits or vegetables you can consume? If not, I think helping to incorporate more wholesome foods, such as fruits and veggies, will help with your weight loss as well. They are also critical in nutritional support. If you don't like too many fruits or vegetables, I would encourage a multi-vitamin, if not already taking.

Nope just a budget issue.........I am not complaining I have lost 52# in 17 weeks! I am looking for suggestions to SLOW IT DOWN!!!! I have 9#'s to go til goal........
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    I would agree and say the incorporating weight training into your workouts will greatly help. Not only will more muscle help to tone up and have more visible results, but it will also help you burn more calories throughout the day. Also, I looked through your diary for about a week and I really didn't notice any fruits and veggies in your diet. Are you restricted in the type of fruits or vegetables you can consume? If not, I think helping to incorporate more wholesome foods, such as fruits and veggies, will help with your weight loss as well. They are also critical in nutritional support. If you don't like too many fruits or vegetables, I would encourage a multi-vitamin, if not already taking.

I agree. If you are going a very high protein, low carb diet, you need to make sure you eat a lot more veggies.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Hey girl...I think you should give it another week or so before freaking out. You've made alot of changes to your diet n exercise recently it prob just jump started your metabolism again. If you get another big loss that concerns you, then I'd do like you said, add some cals to your diet and take it day to day. Keep it up girl! You're doing awesome!
  • jncalandr
    jncalandr Posts: 3
    You should pick up weight traning for sure. You will see a better and healthier weight loss. I have 3 more weeks before I can get back to it (just had a baby). I can't wait for my work out to start up again. I am starting off doing body weight work outs in my home before I get back into the gym and start doing the strength training 5x5 routine. I was lossing .5 to 1# per week while on this routine. Good luck
  • Congrats on your new edition!! You hubby is on my friends list :) can I add you?
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    sorry posted in the wrong group!
This discussion has been closed.