New Here! :)

emzachek
emzachek Posts: 4
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!
I am very new to this whole thing. I am a little over halfway through college and I realized that throughout my college career, I have gained 20 lbs...about 10 of them in the past few months. So, I am here to try and lose them. My minimum goal is to lose 15 lbs by September 1st, but hopefully I can lose all 20!

I've never been good at sticking with trackers and keeping tabs on my food and exercise, but the environment here is very friendly and I see there are plenty of success stories to read to keep me motivated! I am excited to start my journey! :)

Replies

• ellemay87
    ellemay87 Posts: 4
    Sweet! Your always welcome find a group of friends and make yourself accountable. When i do that i do so so so much better! Always here when you need help!
  • BrittanyLynne21
    BrittanyLynne21 Posts: 66 Member
    I just started last week and I've already lost 2 pounds. I really like this site. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Good luck with youe 20 pounds. like you I'm in college and I gained about 30 pounds in the 3 years =[ but i've been working hard and lost 20 pounds on my own sense last year and just added 2 more pounds to that sense I lost this week. I do have a long way to go put hopefully with all this support on here I can lose more. Good luck -Brittany-
  • emzachek
    emzachek Posts: 4
    Thanks for all your help! The motivation here is awesome! I just purchased 30-day Shred after reading so many inspirational stories. Hopefully that will help me shred some lbs!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Welcome to MFP <( '' )>
    This site is fantastic. It's easy to use, and there are tons of supportive and awesome people here.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey!!

Melissa
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    haha. definitely can relate. college for me means surrounded by pizza and alcohol, hence the weight that I need to lose!
  • lindsayfranke
    lindsayfranke Posts: 34 Member
    I know how you feel about gaining weight in college.... gotta love 1am pizza deliveries!

Good luck towards your goal, I am positive with the support you will receive on here you will do great.

I am doing P90X for the second round and have noticed intense changes in my body, message me to chat workouts
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Hi there, I wasn't real good with tracking either, but this site is great. Plus the facebook page. Then I added the app to my phone and it became even easier. More you use it the easier it becomes. Add lots of friends to your page to keep you going!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!! You can add me.
This discussion has been closed.