C25K

Options
Today was my first day of the program. Hopefully I will be able to run the 3 mile Run for the Fallen in August.

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday :) Good luck!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yay, great job!! I loved the program!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday also. :)
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good luck I had to drop off after a bout of heat exhaustion.

It is a wonderful program and I cannot WAIT to get back out there. :-)
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great job! For me, the program was too strenuous in some ways and not strenuous enough in others. I mean, I felt like by week 4 I coudlnt do the length of intervals that it wanted me to do. I wasn't ready to run 5 minutes at a time. But, at the end of every workout in Weeks 1-3, I felt like I could have gone on further and done more work. So, I switched to just doing some free running for awhile, until I am ready for Week 4. Now I just chose a distance or time that I want to do and I just run my own intervals. I'll sprint a minute, walk a minute, sprint a minute, walk a minute. Or, I'll do 2 minutes on, 2 1 minute off,e tc. I feel like it's more challenging for me and a harder workout, yet something I can actually accomplish.
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I was just looking into this yesterday. I think I may try it. Im not a runner i'd like to be tho, guess that is because ive never really done it and my weight didnt make it any easier. Now that I have dropped 49 pounds maybe it will be easier for me :)