Who's afraid of the Big Bad Scale???

Options
OK, Confession time everyone. Who on here do not log in the actual weight that the scale shows, because you are afraind to have to change your weight when it goes up. I usually try to give myself a 2# cushion on the up side. For instance, if the scale reads 230, I will record my weight as 232. I think if is just a psychological thing for me in case I have a bad day eating or something, I know i have some wiggle room. As rule, I also record my weight at least 5 pounds less when I exercise so that I am actually burning more calories than recorded. Example is in my HRM, I display my weight as 220, when the scale shows 225 or 226.

I am just curious as to how many other people can relate to this form of thinking???

E.

Replies

• Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    I weigh myself before I run just to see how much I lose after my run is complete. I log my real weight after I get out of the shower. I bought me a really nice bathroom scale (paid about 90 dollars for it). I just want to see my weight over a long period of time.
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I only log lows. I keep a chart away from myfitnesspal, and whenever i see a low number, I write it down. Period. I ignore every other fluctuation. I update MFP every week or two to reflect that progress.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I put in exactly what my scale says but I only record losses and I usually only do bi-weekly weigh-ins. If the scale is on the upside for a while, I'll adjust my weight.
  • prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just don't log it if I gain. Ha! Take THAT scale!
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    I just don't log it if I gain. Ha! Take THAT scale!

That is exactly what I did today!!! lol.

I think I will start to weigh in bi-weekly. My weight fluctuates so much I don't even know what's real!
    I also do the thing you were saying about marking your calories at a lesser weight...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I don't record gains, mostly because I know they're due to something temporary like water weight (too much sodium and/or TOM) or having a spectactularly bad eating day now and then, and my weight will be back down within a day or two.