Curious if I'm doing the right thing......

I was just wondering what everyone has their weekly weight loss at? I have mine set at 1lb a week, because I have about 20lbs left to lose. The problem I'm finding is that since I've been on MFP, about the beginning of April, I guess, I've only lost 2.6 lbs. I seem to be stuck going up an down on the scale from 151 to 152 then back down again. I've adjusted my workouts and I know I'm eating within my calories most days, but I'm wondering if the 1210 calories that I'm set at is to little? What do you think? And what is your caloried and weight loss weekly set at?

Replies

• bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    bump
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    I would try eating more calories especially if you are working out. At a minimum you should be eating 1200 calories NET...meaning that # even after working out. I usually eat all or most of my exercise calories back.

Also watch your sodium intake and make sure you are drinking enough water. When I stalled I reduced and watched my salt and it worked for me.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    I had a really rough plateau recently that I just broke. I broke out by resetting my net to about 1400 calories and changing up my exercises. I love running, but it wasn't until I took a running time out for other cardio (biking and elliptical) that I started losing again.

I just reset my calories back to 1200 net now that I've got my weight loss rolling again.

This is what worked for me.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    I took a quick peek at your diary and you're leaving a LOT of calories behind and sometimes not even netting 1200. Definitely try setting your goal a bit higher and eat closer to your goal. See what happens!