Low Carb & Healthy Food Choices

Options
OK so I have been trying to keep carbs low and protein even or higher for each day. The problem then lies in my HIGH carb count. I choose to eat watermelon, cantelope, oranges, bananas, etc. Please talk to me about this....is it as bad as I think it is or as it appears? I am struggling with what is left to cut out. Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    Options
    If you're trying to keep protein high and carbs low you'll probably want to limit your fruit intake to only 1x per day. Fruit doesn't typically have alot of protein. If you're looking for protein options try turkey jerky, grilled chicken, string cheese, eggs or egg whites, cottage cheese and lean meats such as 97% lean ground turkey or beef. I just bought a great little cook book called low carb on the go that has some wonderful recipies.

Keep in mind you can also do a protein shake, get a "lean" one with less carbs to help you pack in the protein. I use BSN Lean Dessert Protein after dinner as a healthy desert.

Friend me is you want to see my program. I'm now on a lower carb (with carb cycling), high protein and lower fat program to train for a bikini competition. down 6 lbs in 3 wks. ":-)
  • manicmum
    manicmum Posts: 47
    Options
    Bananas are very carb rich and not suitable for any reduced carb diet at all. The best fruits for you to be eating if you are mindful or carbs are berries. Any berry. These are the lowest.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Google low glycemic fruits and vegies, that will help with your choices.