Shocked by my intake of calories each day and unable to moti

2»

Replies

• Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    bump
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    I just want to reiterate something I mentioned earlier: the 10-minute workout idea. You may be getting hung up where a lot of people do ... They think that if they can't set aside 45 minutes to an hour for exercise, why bother?

One of my favorite authors, Dan Millman, has a saying I love: "A little bit of something is better than a lot of nothing!" Using my numbers as an example, let's say I did 10 minutes of mild stretching a day. At the end of the week, I've burned 33 calories. So you're thinking, "Only 33 calories?" But that's 33 calories that I wouldn't have burned otherwise (If I do 10 minutes low impact aerobics a day, it's 656 calories). More important, you've started to train your brain and create the habit of exercising every day.

Creating that habit is important. Dan Millman tells people, "Want to start an exercise program? Get up each morning and do 1 jumping jack. Congratulations; you've started exercising. If you get bored after a week, throw in a second jumping jack; you've just doubled your workout!" The important thing is to start, and it's okay to start small.
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Great advice... I am going to start planning my meals and with this program it makes it easier to see what
    adjustments to make ahead of time.

Working during lunch 2-3 times a week is totally doable.

“Netflix” I am already a subscriber and didn’t even think off this!

“Make your workouts like an "appointment"” this is great because I never miss an appointment so if I change my mentality this could certainly work for me.

“getting in shape is just as important as everything else in your life.” What an inspirational quote.

Thank you so much and I am excited to try these new ideas!
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    One of my favorite authors, Dan Millman, has a saying I love: "A little bit of something is better than a lot of nothing!" Using my numbers as an example, let's say I did 10 minutes of mild stretching a day. At the end of the week, I've burned 33 calories. So you're thinking, "Only 33 calories?" But that's 33 calories that I wouldn't have burned otherwise (If I do 10 minutes low impact aerobics a day, it's 656 calories). More important, you've started to train your brain and create the habit of exercising every day.

This is so truuueee!! Thanks again for the motivation to succeed!
This discussion has been closed.