Wake up call!

Options
I am absolutley thrilled about this website!!!! I have been a Weight Watchers member for three years and have seen some great results over that time. Recently I have had a difficult few months with my job and I have gained weight. And like many people I know, I can no longer afford to pay Weight Watchers to track on-line. A fellow member told me about this website and she is seeing some excellent results and is able to save money while doing it. Neeless to say, the scale scared me this morning and it was my wake up call to make a change! Finding out about this website is perfect timing.......as I am going to be a bridesmaid in October and need to look fabulous in my dress!

I know this is a slow journey, but I am really excited!

I'm happy to be part of this community!!

Replies

• dannidomer
    dannidomer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am rather new too. I have also been a WW since 2002 and have seen results and maintained. Recently got married and gained honeymoon weight and I am above my happy range.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Thats great,its a great site,best of look with looseing weight for the up comming wedding!!
  • Ellastrong
    Ellastrong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the kind welcome!!! I'm really looking forward to the support from this community!!
    I'm also above my "happy range", and just feeling uncomfortable in my clothes. I've been making excuses for the past few months, and I just need to smarten up and get back on track.

I also need a good kick in the pants every once in a while to keep my focused on my goal too!!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi Ella! I totally know how you feel. I put on 2 stone when I started the job I'm currently doing now (mainly because it's a desk job with the added "bonus" of international travel). The challenge is being able to stick to it and be consistent. I tend to be a feast of famine type of dieter which obviously doesn't work very well!!

Thanks for the friend request and look forward to catching up on our progress soon :)
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just joined myfitnesspal, it is so easy to use!!! I am on my postpartum weight loss journey and plan on reaching my goal by my 30th birthday! 50 lbs to lose in 10 months - so not too crazy! I would love to be in a place where I feel comfortable in my own skin and build back my self-confidence. - Hard to do holding a full-time job as an RN, new mom to a wonderful 5 1/2 month old, and a military wife at that - so I am looking for support and encouragement on this journey. Good luck to everyone!
  • Ellastrong
    Options
    Emilie, being consistent is the hardest part for me too. I do really well for months, then something throws me off track, I lose my footing and I can't find my way back again.
  • Ellastrong
    Options
    Good luck Sailor on your weight loss journey!!! You can do it!
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ellla for the wishes!!! Good luck to you too and enjoy the wedding!!!:smile: