for the pasta lovers

Options
A friend of mine told me about this "dreamfields" pasta. He said it was low carb and tasted really good. I googled it and found some nutrition facts. 5 carbs per serving. I know most people steer clear of the pasta because of high carb counts so I thought id give you guys a suggestion. I haven't tried it myself but I plan on doing so soon. Ill let you know what I think.

If anyone has had it, give us some feedback please and thanks.

Replies

• KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic! It tastes like regular pasta and is super yummy. But I still count the full amount of carbs per serving (41). I think that 5 digestible carbs per serving is a bit of false advertising. Not that I'm going to stop eating it. I'm just saying - when I eat it, I use the full amount.
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    Yeah, I had it a few times, and it's really good! My FIL is a diabetic, and he loves this stuff, since it doesn't raise his blood sugar.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Sounds great! Where do you find it?
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful! Tastes even better than regular pasta, I don't even mind paying extra for it!

You can find it in most grocery stores in the pasta aisle:flowerforyou:
  • MelissaG36
    MelissaG36 Posts: 38
    Options
    Have to try that cause we are pasta FREAKS!! LOL!! In fact thats whats for dinner tonight here :O)
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Where do you find this? Please let us know what you think if you try it!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about this "dreamfields" pasta. He said it was low carb and tasted really good. I googled it and found some nutrition facts. 5 carbs per serving. I know most people steer clear of the pasta because of high carb counts so I thought id give you guys a suggestion. I haven't tried it myself but I plan on doing so soon. Ill let you know what I think.

If anyone has had it, give us some feedback please and thanks.

I LOVE Dreamfield's! I can have two servings and still have my blood sugar stay below 130 after a meal! From what I've read, some people don't have the blood sugar benefits, but *I* do, and the stuff really has been a lifestyle saver. I'm Italian, I love my pasta!

Edited to say--if I were to eat 80+ "regular" carbs for pasta, my blood sugar would spike terribly--personal experience puts me over 200 when I eat regular pasta. So the Dreamfield's claim that their digestible carbs are low is reflected in my blood sugar readings, which I check at 2 hours post-meal every night.

Kris