Single and Living Alone...

Options
2»

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I don't live alone persay, but pretty close. My sister works at Costco and has hypERthyroidism, so she fills my house with junk food, but then is either working at night or at her boyfriends house. My dogs keep me occupied when I get home from work so that I dont have time to eat until 7:30 or 8 at night. On the weekends I always try to get outside and either go for a hike or do something fun with my dogs.

Yikes - you have the worse of both worlds!! Not being able to control what is in the house and the lonely/boredom/no one will know eating!!!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You are almost lucky to be single and living alone when it comes to weight loss!

No one to pressure you to go out and drink empty calories!
    No boy to complain how there isn't enough junk in the house!

You got this! I lived by myself when I first started my journey. You know what became my friends? My gym. My classes I would take EVERY day after work. Join a gym and try different classes everyday! It's fun and it burns major calories!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I find that reading a good book will keep me occupied for HOURS with no thought of munchies or snacks or cravings.
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    no one knows when you order pizza and the boredom/lonely eating kicks in quickly!!

So true! I've done that more times than I'd like to admit. I've started keeping a whole-grain pizza crust and low-sodium tomato sauce in my pantry, along with fresh chicken wings in my freezer, so when I'm tempted to order a pizza and wings, I tell myself I have to make them instead of ordering delivery. Usually I just decide to eat something else, but even if I go with the pizza and/or wings, I know it's a healthier version.