To All My Pear Shaped Mamacitas!

Options
How did you ladies wittle down your hips and thighs? I've got the whole small waist, big hips things going on and I really don't like it. Any advice on how to tone and shrink these problems areas would be fantastic!

Replies

• emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Give Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred a try. I'm very hippy and I think this is gonna make a difference!!!!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you cannot target fat loss but....

:bigsmile: Running has really helped my thighs. I assume that it has helped my hips but I am not sure.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I also want to know! My boyfriend says I could be one of those booty girls. Not sure if it's a compliment or not!? :blushing:
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I do lots of lunges and squats. It's helping a bit, but inner thighs seem to be the biggest problem to tone. Use heavy weights too, legs can typically take a lot.
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    I have the same problem! My hips (love handles, lmao) are big, as are my thighs. I've had success flattening/toning my stomach, but I can't seem to do anything for my hips. I definitely feel some burn in the area when I'm doing exercises like crazy ivans and russian twists, leg lifts too, but I'm really not seeing too much of a difference in that area...
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I ride a stationary bike and my hips is where i've lost most of my weight. Since Jan 2011 ive lost at least 10 inches off my hips.
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    the best thing i ever did/am still trying to do... is embrace them. the shape is largely genetic and you can't target fat loss, but you can make your shape smaller through weight loss-- but remember you're likely to still have the same shape. thanks to my mother, and her mother, and her mother's mother, etc, etc, I'm pretty sure i'm going to have seriously curves my whole life (which makes buying clothes, especially pants, a nightmare!). but i've learned to love my shape, even if i want my shape to get smaller! as for toning those areas, walking/jogging/running works great, as well as squats and lunges. you can target build muscle, but you can't target fat loss, but as you build muscle, and lose fat (where ever it comes off from first-middle-and-last) you will be healthier and more toned. but while on your way-- love those curves!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    When I was smaller, treadmill handled my legs, outer and inner, and calves. Elliptical did a good number on working on my saddle bags and lifting my butt up PLUS it'll work your arms if you use the arm handles that swing back and worth. (I didn't use to use them, dunno about anyone else)
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    my thighs are the bane of my existence.

If I lost 2" of thigh I'd be a very very happy woman!!!
    anyone have an idea of what a "standard thigh" (if only there were such a thing!) should measure?
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that you just have to decrease your overall fat %. Me? When my hips and thighs look good, my upper half (from my waist up to me face) looks very skinny and I have almost no boobs. Which, I am fine with, so that's why I want to be 20 to 30 pounds thinner! Of course, I'll have to wait now until after the baby comes.