Which is a more reliable weighing scale

Options
I have 2 digital weighing scales at home. Well, one is actually a digital scale that sits on the floor and the other one is a wii fit board that sits on the carpet but it has its feet to make it stable and balance. Both are actually matching when I weigh in and it says 173 lbs. My clothing is usually less than 2 lbs when weighing the scale at home in the morning.

Now, in the office we have a gym and a balance beam weighing scale (manual). It says there that I am 178 lbs. But my clothing I would say is more than 2lbs because of the jeans, shirt, shoes, belt etc. Should I also count the fact that by that time I already ate breakfast?

Which one do you think is more reliable? Thanks!

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I pick ONE scale and use it exclusively. Every scale has some variation in it, so it's better to just decide to weigh at the same time of day wearing (or not wearing) the same thing on the same scale, that hasn't been moved or touched.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The only way to tell is to take a known weight, for example a 5 lb weight, and put it on all three. Of course, the 5 lb weight may not actually be 5 lbs, but that's another matter.
  • Raisy0314
    Raisy0314 Posts: 1
    Options
    you've lost 21 lbs who cares!!!! anyways no just use the one at home off the carpet. both off the carpet
  • megpegmeg
    megpegmeg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes you should count the face that you have eaten breakfast. Food and water does add weight. This is why it is recommended you weigh first thing in the morning, wearing the same clothes, and right after you have gone to the bathroom.

Also as the other poster's stated, just pick one scale. There are variations between scales.
  • Rommel_V
    Rommel_V Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So I'm planning to buy a digital weighing scale, what brands are the most accurate ones? I want to document my weight as accurately as possible.

thanks.