Help Fight Women's Cancers!

I am doing the Weekend to End Women's Cancers in Calgary Alberta (Canada) in 4 1/2 weeks! It's a 60 km (38 mile) walk that takes place over 2 days.

My mom is a survivor so I'm walking to show my GRATITUDE that she made it through relatively unscathed, to HONOUR those that have not been as fortunate, and to give HOPE for a future where I don't need to worry about my daughter battling cancer.

I did the walk 2 years ago and it took me this long to forget how much it hurt so that I could sign up for it again! :o)  It's all coming back to me now and I'm getting nervous already. It truly is an amazing, emotional event and the most gruelling physical and mental challenge I've ever faced, but the reward is SO worth it.  I cried tears of sadness, of hope, of pain, and of joy for being alive and healthy enough to do what I can to help.

Every participant has to raise $2,000 in order to be able to walk so if anyone would be able to support me in this venture I would really appreciate it. All funds raised go to support breast & gynaecological cancer research and treatment. If you can help me out with a donation, go to www.endcancer.ca, click on ALBERTA, then on the DONATE button in the top left and search for SHONA STEELE.

The event takes place on July 23 & 24, so think good-weather, happy-feet, energy-filled thoughts for me as I'll need all the help I can get to make it through!

Peace & Blessings to All!