Snacky Food

Options
I usually want something in addition to my lunches, but I am too scared to spend a lot of calories on a snack. My usual snack is an apple or banana, and I am getting kind of tired of that. Does anyone out there know of a snack that is low in calories but pretty filling. I know about 100 calorie packs, but I'm looking for something more filling.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance :happy:

Replies

• stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    light cheese stick
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    homemade hummus with veggies :happy:
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I do fruit cups - pineapple, applesauce, etc. Also sugar snap peas or carrots plain or with hummus or a dressing. Air popped popcorn/mini popcorn bags. A spoonful of PB with celery or plain.
  • Omoge25
    Omoge25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!!! 2 cups is about 100 calories, follow up with some water and you'll be good for a while.
    Also Hummus and some toasted pits bread works great too.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i really like the 100 calorie nebisco oreo crips or the 120 kellogs fiber bars(chocolate chip)
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    mini clif bars and vitatops are filling for 100 calories each.
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    MMM I second the popcorn idea!!! :)
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    My go to snacks...

hard boiled egg (70 calories)

tuna fish (can made with 1 tsp mayo and lots of dijon mustard) go nice on cucumbers, red peppers or trader joe everything crackers

Trader Joe humus and veggies or their everything crackers (14 crackers and 2 TBS hummus are 200 cals)

Trader Joe Fruit Frenzy bar (120 calories)

Lil drumsticks (140 calories) or small ice cream Twix (90 calories)

Babybel cheese (60 calories)

100 Calorie popcorn
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Edamame. I like to buy the kind still in the shell, feels like I am eating more than I am (sort of like sunflower seeds or peanuts in the shell feel like you are eating more because it is more effort to get the food out of the wrapper, if that makes any sense). Low cal, high protein, all natural!
    Rice Cakes
    String Cheese
    Jicama (with or without hummus)
    For chip-like snacky things I love the sea salt and pepper rice crisp things from Trader Joes. Only problem is that I can easily demolish an entire bag in one sitting if I don't pay attention.:blushing:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I LOVE snacks! Sometimes mine are way too big, but some of my more normal-sized usuals:

- veggie sticks with 1/2 cup plain yogurt or cottage cheese for dipping
    - rice cake with PB (and sometimes raisins)
    - cheese stick
    - apple with PB or apple with cinnamon
    - popcorn
    - dry cereal (maybe with a little bit of PB, almond butter, or sun butter for protein)
    - 1/2 PBJ sandwich
    - 2 or 3 wasa crisp n light crackers (20 cal per cracker) with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese or a little nut butter
    - 10 almonds
    - 1/8 cup trail mix (prob with piece of fruit)

I hope you find some new snacks that work for you! Happy snacking......
  • mdpassamani
    Options
    Hi there. I find that if I switch to veggies for a change, instead of eating fruit as a filler, I lose more. Try veggies like carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, and pea pods do the trick. Perhaps allow yourself some cheese and/or a hard-boiled egg once in awhile???
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    I like Skinny Cow candy bars. They are around 110-120 calories and pretty delicious.
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fiber One has 90 calorie snacks that are pretty filling, and tasty too! I like the chocolate peanut butter chewy bar and fudge brownies.
  • Lily0013
    Lily0013 Posts: 28
    Options
    mini baby light cheese, homemade hummus, edamame hummus, or bruschetta with nut and rice crackers.