5'4" chicks with 80+ pounds to lose

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
Sending out a call to all the chickies my size or close to it. Or even those who have USED have my goals and have already accomplished them!
I need as much motivation as I can possibly get in order to succeed in my weightloss journey (not going so well as of right now; just hit my 70th day and haven't even lost 5 pounds. :( ), with people who have similar body types and goals. I'm not one-sided; I'll motivate ya right back! Ideally, I'd just like to take pointers from the workouts to focus on and foods/drinks to consume. Shoot me a friend request! :D

Weight: 230/5'4"
My stats (no measurements...yet!)
Arms: Prettyyy big
Thighs: Pretty big as well
Waist: Not too big, but could stand a few inches to lose.
Hips: Don't ask..
Back fat: Tooooo lumpy. :(

Replies

• changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started out at 232. I'm now sitting at 173, and still want to lose another 25 or so. It can be done! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 at 185 with a goal weight of 150. :) I've only lost 5.5 lbs in like 5 or 6 weeks. But I'm switching things up and trying new things. Good luck!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, I am 5'3" and had close to 55 lbs to lose. I am down 45 lbs with less than 10 to go before my goal weight. I will probably push a little farther after I hit my goal weight to get in the mid section of "healthy" range. You can do it! There are alot of amazing people here who will help encourage you along the way. I will add you for extra support/encouragement.
  • ambreee
    ambreee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I am in the same boat. My start weight was 210lbs and I am now at 199. My ultimate goal is 130lbs. I just started using MFP a week or so ago and have lost two pounds. I am hoping this keeps me motivated. I am going to add you as a friend.
  • Nyirishlass
    Options
    Hi I am 5' 4" and started out at 255 now at 197 and still have about 50 lbs left to go....You have come to a great place for motivation and encouragement WE ALL WALK THIS JOURNEY TOGETHER!!!!!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    hey my name is amey i am in a similar situation.. i am 5'3 weigh 235 im 29 big all over kinda hour glass shape i guess.. i havent even thought about a goal cause i cant seem to even lose 5lbs and keep that off. im going crazy. i been doing at least 30 minutes of work out videos a day and sometimes wii fit. what i do lose seems to creep right back up over the day or two i dont weigh in. i been watching my food but not as strict on the weekend which i guess is my problem. then i try to just about starve during the week to get that off.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    5'4 and wanted to loose at least 30 pounds before my vacation at the end of August. Little did I realize it was going to be so hard!! Since i've started in April I've lost 10 lbs and that's it. :grumble:

Work out Routine::
    Weights x 3 wk
    Cardio x 4 wk (45 min & make sure to stay in my "burn zone")

I can say that every month my body shrinks. I do measurements once a month. My body fat has also decreased by 3% since I've started! Woo Hoo!! So I know I'm GAINING muscle & burning fat!! :drinker:

Don't give up!! We didnt' gain it all overnight so it's not going to get lost over night!! :wink:
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" with 168 lbs to lose total! I'm down 47, but plateauing because of my kicked up wourkout regime! I am banded, but the principals are the same. Consume 1200 cals daily and workout 30 mins (I try for 45-60) 4-5 times per week!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I am looking at losing about 58 lbs. I think you SHOULD take your measurements right away. Mark them down. Sometimes the scale is not your best friend and that can get discouraging and make you want to quit.

BUT you won't because you are determined to reach your final goal. And I'm sure it is to get rid of that "LUMPY" back fat and big arms etc... When you are working out, you may gain muscle and muscle weighs more than fat, however, it helps to burn the fat while you are NOT working out. That is why measurements are SO VERY important.

It wasn't until I started MFP, that I realized that I was Obese. I knew I wasn't as thin as I was before having my two children but I didn't feel like I was Obese. I have finally made it into the Overweight category, and yes I am happy about being overweight but not thrilled. But that's what keeps me going.

Stay focused on your goals and you will reach them. Have fun!
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    hey my name is amey i am in a similar situation.. i am 5'3 weigh 235 im 29 big all over kinda hour glass shape i guess.. i havent even thought about a goal cause i cant seem to even lose 5lbs and keep that off. im going crazy. i been doing at least 30 minutes of work out videos a day and sometimes wii fit. what i do lose seems to creep right back up over the day or two i dont weigh in. i been watching my food but not as strict on the weekend which i guess is my problem. then i try to just about starve during the week to get that off.
    Don'tdon'tdon't starve!!! I learned the hard way that it gets you nowhere! I used to weigh 150, but did it by bulimia, bordering anorexia, and as soon as I decided that it was getting out of hand, I got soo big soo fast.
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 5'4, I started at 210, i'm currently at 190 and my ultimate goal is 145 (the healthy range!).

As you stated in your goals, the harder, for me at least, is to cure my love/hate relationship with food and loving myself, including my body and my flaws. Since I joined MFP, I lost 20 pounds, gained 3 back and then it took forever to re-lose them again. Losing weight is theoricaly easy : stick to your diet and exercice. But being able to control yourself, to achieve your goals, to change your life, to love your body and consistently nutrishing it with healthy food, this is the harder part. Most of the time, I achieve these goals, and somedays I fall back into my older habits. The important is to go on, and whatever time it will take, I'll reach my goal of 145 :).

Feel free to add me !
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 5'4, I started at 210, i'm currently at 190 and my ultimate goal is 145 (the healthy range!).

As you stated in your goals, the harder, for me at least, is to cure my love/hate relationship with food and loving myself, including my body and my flaws. Since I joined MFP, I lost 20 pounds, gained 3 back and then it took forever to re-lose them again. Losing weight is theoricaly easy : stick to your diet and exercice. But being able to control yourself, to achieve your goals, to change your life, to love your body and consistently nutrishing it with healthy food, this is the harder part. Most of the time, I achieve these goals, and somedays I fall back into my older habits. The important is to go on, and whatever time it will take, I'll reach my goal of 145 :).

Feel free to add me !
    I agree completely. In my eyes, losing weight is easy. Go to the gym, put down the fork when you're full and only eat when you're hungry. I just can't grasp the concept of self control, and THAT'S what holds me back, as well as being notoriously lazy when I get off of work. (Only time I can work out is after work and the weekends.) But alas, old habits die hard. Stupid oreos.
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started this journey weighing 243 pounds in November. I am currently 214 and my next small goal is 199. I have logged on to MFP for 120 days and counting and it is the most valuable tool available for me personally. I have tried every diet and gimick but MFP is working and the support is great. Add me as your friend.
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 239 right now (my heaviest ever) :( and just decided that it's time to stop being upset about it and start doing something about it! I am starting a program next week and am really excited to get started. I'm definitely open to motivating/being motivated! We can do this!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When you don't eat your body will store any food that you do eat as fat...and then it will make you, in the end, putting eating bluntly, fatter. So DO NOT starve yourself. The more ('healthy') food you eat, the more weight you will lose. It's not easy, but you can make it easier by choosing workouts that are fun to do. I like to mix my workouts up. Anything from my Yoga practice to spinning to the ***** Cat Dolls dance workout. I also include some of the cardio workouts from the P90X DVD's. I would like to go swimming more or do an aquafit class of some sort.

So eat, mix up your workouts, drink plenty of water and have fun!!!!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Feel free to add me !
    I agree completely. In my eyes, losing weight is easy. Go to the gym, put down the fork when you're full and only eat when you're hungry. I just can't grasp the concept of self control, and THAT'S what holds me back, as well as being notoriously lazy when I get off of work. (Only time I can work out is after work and the weekends.) But alas, old habits die hard. Stupid oreos.

Pack a gym bag the night before and keep it in the trunk!! I go straight to the gym from work, then home...
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and use to weigh 250lbs. I got down to about 155 and wore a size 4. I got married and changed alot of my healthy habits. So I got up to 207 in January and am currently 190. My current mini goal is to be 180 by the end of July. I think my end goal is 145. We'll see what feels good and healthy. For me it really is all about being mindful and taking time out for myself.

Welcome!
  • dcerna62
    dcerna62 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'3" 22 Start Weight 223 2/6/2011 Current Weight 184 6/16/11 Pant Size Was: 16
    Now: 12 Check out my food/exercise diary and add me if you'd like :-)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5", and I was 260 at my highest. I was 245 when I actively really started trying to lose weight. I am now at 150 and working more on toning up. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!
    I am 5'4' started at 189.9, current weight 148 ish, BUT I am a size 6 (and some 4's) and I feel pretty good. I truly think that if I was under my BMI I would look terrible.
    I believe that it is mind over matter! THat BMI is so off anyways!
    Feel good, and be happy :)