Im 5ft7" and 128lbs... goal weight?

Options
Hi guys,

I dont know what to set my goal weight at... currently at 128lbs and my legs are bigger than I'd like them...what would you advise?

Anyone with similar stats?

Replies

• snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    I am 5ft 6 in and 121. I am fine with my weight, I now just want to tone.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I think you are *at* your goal weight :)
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Height: 5 feet, 8 inches
    Weight: 128 pounds

Your BMI is 19.5, indicating your weight is in the Normal category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 122 to 164 pounds.

Information from a calculator on CDC website
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think your weight is fine. I would work on toning. Lots of lunges, squats, etc. if you want to tone your legs. You won't lose much weight but you will lose inches. I measure myself once a month to where I am at. I don't find the scale moving much but I do lose inches and it keeps me motivated.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Work on toning :)
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Rather tham losing weight, maybe is just doing the right exercises to tone your legs?
  • lidageorge
    lidageorge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Do you work out at all right now? If so, what? :)
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I dont know what to set my goal weight at... currently at 128lbs and my legs are bigger than I'd like them...what would you advise?

Anyone with similar stats?

Why don't you try yoga? It helps create leaner longer muscles.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are thin, I think you are just pear-shaped. I agree with everyone else, work on toning!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think your weight is healthy. I'm also 5'7, and I am around 125....but I am not really trying to lose any more weight. You should probably work on toning if you are not happy with your legs. what do you do for cardio and strength training?
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What I learned in Nutrition class while in nursing school is this:

5 foot = 100 lbs for every inch above 5 ft add 5 pounds. you can be +/- 5 pounds and still be healthy.

so 5'7" goal weight would be 135 pounds. You are where you need to be.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 & 120 lbs.

Do leg work to shape your legs up. Squats, lunges, cardio, squat jumps, jumpin' jacks etc.
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Set your MFP to Maintaining your current weight and just exercise to tone up.
    make sure you eat back the exercise calories and get plenty of protein so you keep that muscle.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone, you are at an ideal weight.
    i think you should incorporate some different exercises to work on creating more lean muscle.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, how does one even get to THAT weight! LOL! That would be a dream weight of mine that I don't think is attainable for me. :-/
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you have muscular legs and a low body fat percentage, there might not be much you can do about it except learn to love what you've got. :heart:

If you're thin, but not fit, start an exercise plan with strength and cardio, and don't pay any attention to what's going on with the scale. You're already thin, so you might gain weight as you build muscle.

Or it's possible that you have a skewed image of what you look like or what you should look like.
  • ltcampbell
    ltcampbell Posts: 19
    Options
    (Edit: re-read your post). You want to lose weight? At 5'7" you are already at the low end of your ideal weight range. Everyone's frame and muscle mass makes a difference, but I'd say if you lost anymore weight you'd be under-weight. Check out these calculators http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm or http://www.weightwatchers.com/health/asm/calc_healthyweight.aspx, and of course, as always, when in doubt- call your doctor.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    You're at a very healthy weight now. Try yoga and pilates for a longer/leaner look. You can't force your body to lose weight in certain areas, it loses how it loses.
  • imogen_scarlett
    Options
    Hello! I have similar stats to you as I am 5ft 7 and 126 currently. I'd like to get down to 120, but if it doesn't happen soon, I don't really care. I'm concentrating on toning up now, so 120 migt be a bit of a long shot, but we'll see.
    Do you mind if I add you as it would help me to see someone with similar stats! xx
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my goal is around 120 but right now I am really working on toning. My current weight is 126 and I think I am starting to get a bit too skinny. I am similar to you where my thighs are still too big :(. I am going to tone up and see what happens from there.