30 day Shred

Options
Hi,

My friend and I are starting our first go around on the 30 day shred tomorrow, June 22nd. Is there anyone who is interested in doing it with us?

Also, we would love to hear advice and/or experiences from those of you who are familiar with the workout!

Thank you!:smile:

Replies

• LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred dvd. Im actually on level one myself right now after having completed the dvd 2 times already! Level 1 is killer on the legs so LOTS of water and stretching! I had to skip a day every time I started level 1 due to leg pain, but if you can push through it, it'll feel better faster. Good luck to you both! Its a great dvd!
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    Having read the forums, I ordered the DVD last night and it's dispatched today. Hopefully be here tomorrow but might not. I'll be too late to start - but all the best with it.

Never heard of it before but willing to try these things :)
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't own that yet, but I would like to try it. I have Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I may go out and buy the 30 Day Shred tonight. I like mixing my workouts up.
  • smh346
    smh346 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello! I am currently in week 3, still at level 1. I tried the video about two months ago and burnt out because I advanced through the levels to quickly. My advice is to not move to the next level until you can make it through the first level without being tired and sore.

It is a great way to build endurance and strength, and most importanly lose inches. Good luck and don't give up!!!
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    It is a fun and intense workout,,,,alot of jumping around so have a very good pair of shoes....do level one for 10 days then move to level 2 for 10 day sand then level 3.....
    I took my measurments before I started and again after I finished to see how many inches I lost....I lost more in inches than lbs...
    Good Luck ...
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was already planning on going to the store to get the DVD tonight to start tomorrow. So if I get out to get it tonight I'm in!
  • sarablackstock
    Options
    I am starting today as soon as I get off the computer so I would love to...I will add you as a friend...I need all the motivation I can get!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of the workout now. Level 2 Day 7 or 8 I suggest watching each level before you try to do it. Then you will ahve an idea of what you have to do before you actually have to do it.
    Awesome workout though! I love it!!!!!!
  • jessiejes
    jessiejes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. So far, didn't feel sore after the workout, maybe it's because I didn't buy dumbbells. But I must say, during the workout, it's really tiring. I did have to stop once or twice to catch my breath.
  • ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    beckyobsm: I'm excited to be your buddy in this! We've got our weights, our dvds, and our motivation! I can't wait to talk about it tomorrow!!!! xo!:happy:
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started today, but I can join you :)
  • beckyobsm
    beckyobsm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah for all of my new friends, I'm excited!

I am planning to do 6 days/week for 5 weeks.
  • phatsoslim
    Options
    Yeah for all of my new friends, I'm excited!

I am planning to do 6 days/week for 5 weeks.

Sounds good! I will pick it up tonight. Any others out there that are going to do this...add me as your friend.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 7 and my advice is to continue through the pain. on the 3rd day my body was aching all over, but when you start moving the pain kind of goes away. did you get the weights for it? if not you can use soup cans and wear a good support bra. :)
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 Level 1 but my bf started doing it with me yestrrday and is going to do it a few days a week so I have a feeling I'll be a level 1 expert before i hit level 2. Feel free to add me if you want some more support!
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE the 30 Day Shred. I saw amazing results and changes in my body. While the workout is VERY hard during, you feel so accomplished afterward and after you cool down, even energetic. I would suggest you get some knee braces if you don't already have some. Level 1 is hard on the legs and there's a lot of jumping and squatting so it wouldn't hurt to protect those knees.

I encourage you to take your measurements before starting and then again after you are finished: neck, arms, bust, upper stomach region, waist, hips and thighs.

Have fun and be prepared to be shredded =)
  • deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group and start with you!
  • beckyobsm
    beckyobsm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much! I have been having knee issues. I will go get the braces before I start!
  • phatsoslim
    Options
    So I started the Shred this morning at 5:45am. It was a good workout. I found it a bit short only because I have been doing around 45 to 55 minutes of cardio. It was nice to know that I was almost done when the DVD counter read 15 minutes had already passed. It's tough. I really felt the burn in the legs and the arms at times. I followed the Shred with Jillian Michaels YOGA Meltdown. My suggestion to any who has not done Yoga before, start with a proper yoga practice DVD or class before starting Yoga Meltdown. I have been doing yoga for a while and know the poses and I find that in Meltdown form is a bit off, only because they incorporate movement with the poses. Recommendation for starting Yoga: Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss with Suzanne Deason. The are different levels you can practice and it's only 45min long. Great for anytime of the day.

Happy Shredding Ladies!
  • Lisabackontrack
    Options
    I started it yesterday and today my legs are pretty sore. However, I plan to keep going. I am very close to my goal weight and I need to tone up. I'm hoping this will give me the kick start I need!