Having trouble calculating my calories. Help..

Options
I use Cardio Trainer on my phone to track my mileage, calories burned, and my pace but it seems a little off to me today. I have googled calories burned based on pace and distance but i don't know if its right. It says i burned in the 1000 + cals

My Cardio Trainer says i only burned 503 cals running/ walking 6 miles in 55mins. I ran 4 miles and walked the other 2 so this seems a little off to me. Well alot of off.lol. I find it hard to believe that's all i'm burning on these runs.

Broke college student so right now a HRM isn't really an option right now because those things are kind of expensive but i have to be burning more than this right? Anybody have any suggestions as to where i can look this up accurately?

Replies

• jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It might be a little off, but not too much. I have a 4.5 mile walking route that's pretty hilly and I average around 600 calories burned in about 75 minutes with my HRM. If you always eat back all of your exercise calories, it's better to guess a little low than high (like what MFP gives you!!).

Great workout, by the way! :)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Without a HRM you're only going to get a ball park figure. No two people burn the same. As an example, a friend an I both are approximately the same age height and weight. We both do the exact same workout, P90X plyometics. On my best day when I was absolutley trying to bust my butt I burned 704 he burned 946. That's a pretty big difference so if your going to estimate, err on the cautious side and underestimate a bit.
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It might be a little off, but not too much. I have a 4.5 mile walking route that's pretty hilly and I average around 600 calories burned in about 75 minutes with my HRM. If you always eat back all of your exercise calories, it's better to guess a little low than high (like what MFP gives you!!).

Great workout, by the way! :)

Yea i guess so. Thanks!