hi everyone!

LaLupe
LaLupe Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
i have been using this site for about a week and i am EXCITED! i am so glad a friend introduced MFP to me :D

Replies

• LaLupe
    i have been using this site for about a week and i am EXCITED! i am so glad a friend introduced MFP to me :D
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Hi and congrats on your 5 pound weight loss! I am new to the site as well and am excited to see how I do when I weigh in next week.

Kim
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Hi yourself! :flowerforyou: I'm excited for you! I felt the same way when I first stumbled upon this wondeful community.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome! You are soooooooo going to love MFP! It REALLY, REALLY works!
    You WILL lose the weight that you want to here, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    Between the easy food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members here, the weight will "practically" fall off!
    I always recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. Also, drink lots and lots of water, it really helps!
    Gotta warn you of one thing though, this site is VERY addicting!!!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    I'm also fairly new to MFP. It is soooooo awesome! already seeing results. :smile:
  • LaLupe
    oh my goodness, you just read my mind!

1) yes, i think this site really does work!
    2) counting my calories has really helped me make better decisions about eating. i have limits now - and i'm not starving! i am now a calorie-countin queen.
    3) the exercise tab really encourages me to exercise and log my exercise every day.
    4) i love the other tips i have gotten from this site, like when the best time to weigh oneself is (in the morning before breakfast!)

you all are inspiration to me. this is my first time seriously thinking about and trying to do something about my weight. this is the heaviest i have ever been in my life. and i have been heavy from the womb but now i know i don't have to live that way forever! i can see myself gradually eating healthier and healthier until it is 2nd nature to me.

thanks, MFP!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    welcome!
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome, I'm glad you are enjoying the site as we all are :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.