If you have a busy day.....

Options
If you have a super busy day, doing physical things like cleaning, shopping, etc...... do you still officially work out??? I mean, if you're not sitting on the couch all day, you're burning calories doing house work and what not. I'm just curious as to what routines you all have. For me, if I'm on the go all day, I don't do an extra work out. How about you??? THANKS!! :smile:

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are yo logging it in your exercise diary?
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    yeah you are buring calories! I think you can even log it in your exercise log! haha
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday, first thing on the weekends. This why I never have to ask myself, should I work out today? Or give myself the opportunity to be tired from my daily activites.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Another factor would be your normal activity level. Since my normal level is set at low (because of my full-time desk job), I do count that kind of exercise occasionally. On a day like yours when I don't remember sitting down, I log it. :smile:
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I love my workouts-it makes my day go better. So I never cut them for any reason. When I am busy cleaning and running around I never log it. I just consider it a bonus!!-haha
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If I have a busy day like that, I usually do a short excercise video or maybe even yoga.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I work out most days (at least 6 days a week --- usually 7 though) just because I like to work out. When I am busy doing other things (laundry, cleaning, yard work, cooking etc.) I don't bother logging it. I will say that if I do something out of the ordinary (like spending all day hauling and spreading mulch in the yard) I might log that. But otherwise I just consider it part of daily living and don't add anything else in.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I always do my workout regardless of how busy my day is. I also only count and record calories burned from official deliberate workouts. Anything else is just a bonus!!
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    I do...a lot of working out isn't just, moving, it's getting your heart rate up and keeping it up....my heart rate doesn't really sore from doing laundry so I work out
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have four kids and it's always busy around here :) I too consider the extra things "bonus" unless I've pushed a double stroller around the zoo for 2 hours or something. In the morning, I usually enter in my exercise as at least 30 minutes on the elliptical because I know that no matter how tired I am, that is one workout I can always get in before bedtime (plus it helps me see how many cals to get in each day). If I end up doing something more, I just go in and edit my workout.