so confused

Options
so... its 8 pm at night. I just got back from a 15 minute run followed by a 20 min brisk walk. My food counter added 324 exercise calories that I can now eat but I am not really hungry. Should i go eat something to use up those calories. I know there have been things on the site saying to eat your exercise calories so you dont go into starvation mode but im just not hungry at all.

what do i do??

Replies

• beckylynn
    Options
    so... its 8 pm at night. I just got back from a 15 minute run followed by a 20 min brisk walk. My food counter added 324 exercise calories that I can now eat but I am not really hungry. Should i go eat something to use up those calories. I know there have been things on the site saying to eat your exercise calories so you dont go into starvation mode but im just not hungry at all.

what do i do??
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with what to do...I run and tonight was 10km which burned 986 calories...I am having a snack but no way to 900 calories at 9pm!!

I do find that a bit of protein/carb combo is good after working out for recovery...depends how your muscles feel. A cup of chocolate milk is a perfect recovery drink/snack without being too filling.

Kim
  • momto3hmn
    Options
    Have a glass of OJ or slices of fruit? or even a little yogurt. Oh maybe a glass of milk. A little something with calories should do the trick for that. Sometimes I find myself not very hungry after exercising. But I am usually thirsty! Good luck on your journey!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    try to plan your days ahead--plug in your exercise in the morning so you can see what you've got to eat and then spread those calories out throughout the day--make sure to eat small snacks in between meals, too. Helps keep the metabolism going. Try to plan your meals out in advance, too.

Planning ahead can avoid having a lot of calories left over or not having enough towards the end of the day.
  • momto3hmn
    Options
    try to plan your days ahead--plug in your exercise in the morning so you can see what you've got to eat and then spread those calories out throughout the day--make sure to eat small snacks in between meals, too. Helps keep the metabolism going. Try to plan your meals out in advance, too.

Planning ahead can avoid having a lot of calories left over or not having enough towards the end of the day.

what a fabulous idea!! I'm not used to working out at night, but that would certainly do the trick for me!! great feedback!!! :flowerforyou:
  • beckylynn
    Options
    thanks guys! this place is great. i'm glad there are people out there who support me and encourage me b.c my fiance sure has been doing a terrible job at it and it is making me feel discouraged.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is always a good bail-out when you need a small but high calorie snack.:smile: