new : )

Options
Im new to fitness pal and am hoping to lose 20 lbs by labor day weekend (I have a wedding to go to) and overall reach what my "happy" weight was of 135-140. I currently weigh 192 lb, I have a 15 months old and a 1 month old and gained wayyyy to much, now its time to lose it! I was 200 lb memorial day weekend so I have lost 8 lb since then... sadly the last week though Ive worked out everyday and didnt drop one single pound.. instead I gained two?! Has anyone had this issue. Im trying to stay motivated because I know if I give up the weight will never fall off but Its hard knowing that I worked out and ate well every day for a week and saw nothing but negative results. I do feel like im leaner.. but that is hard to judge since I just got gone have a baby (obviously i'm going to get smaller). Hoping to some encouragement and other peoples results. : )

I'm also doing the slim in 6 program (just the dvd workouts).

Replies

• misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Free free to add me if you need extramotivation. Good luck!
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    You can do it... I had 2 kids and was over 70lbs... Slim in 6 workout programs is a great one to start off with... As long as your consistent, follow the program and eat clean you should not have any problem loosing weight... Trust me!!
  • dannidomer
    dannidomer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new as well. I've only been using the app for about a week. Do you like the Slim in 6? I just purchased it but have not yet started it.
  • wedgie_patrol
    Options
    Please don't be discouraged. A lot of times you will gain before you lose because you are building muscle, which weighs more than fat. Keep up the hard work and the weight will fall off. :)
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add! They say the best way to lose it is with help of others. I feel that is entirely true!

The get slim in 6, where can you buy that? I would love to try it.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    Thanks everyone : )

Slim in 6 is awesome! I purchased it my first year of college when I was 19, I was not over weight then and was not consistent with the program. I have been consistent this time around so far. They say to do it 6 times a week with only one day off. I do it 5 days a week, take saturday off, and then sunday I go fishing and walking with my husband as a workout. I have been doing well with eating I use kirkland weightloss shakes for breakfast and then normally a sandwich for lunch, and whatever I make for dinner for the family is what I eat.

Slim in 6 can be hard in the beginning but you just have to let your body get use to it. My first time doing it I could not finish eventually you can get through it, I definately break a sweat doing it and can feel the burn while doing it also so at least I know its doing something. I just recommend playing your own music in the back because the music is very boring to the dvd and the dvds can be very repetitive, I find that my own workout playlist keeps me "upbeat" and into it burning more calories.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    you can order slim in 6 off of beachbody.com . I recently was using youtube to get the first two dvds (start it up and ramp it up) because I had lost the discs... however today I found they flagged them for copyright so now Im moving onto the third dvd Burn it Up (a week early - but I think i can do it : ) ).
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My kids are 10 months apart, and I've done a pretty good job of getting most of the weight off, but the past few months up until this past week I haven't been able to lose a thing. I gained and lost the same 5 pounds since about February. I've been drinking LOTS of ice water and eating a lot of leafy green veggies and a lot of fruits, and I've lost 5 pounds since I started about a week ago. Just try to switch it up a bit. I've also been switching my workouts between 30 day shred and ripped in 30.. love them both!
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    Ive thought about buying the 30 day shred so that when my 6 weeks of slim in 6 are up that I have different workouts to switch between. How do you like it? Do you see good results? Ive heard its a short workout. Right now i workout for about an hour and can't really squeeze in much more than that during my kids nap time.
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! Wishing you all the best in reaching your goal. :bigsmile:
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE 30 day shred. I've seen really good results so far (better arm muscle definition, and my legs are rock hard already!) I highly recommend it to anyone. The workout is about 25 minutes long, but it works just about every muscle. I have been doing her Ripped in 30 the past few days and that one is pretty good too, I have muscles that are sore that I didn't even know I had! :)