Eating excess calories

Options
I've seen this question on here before, but couldn't find the thread. As of now I have 300 cals left to eat, and in 30 mins I'm off out for a run that will give me another 450 or so. I've eaten well today and don't feel hungry. I may have a cereal bar (180cals) when I get back but don't want to eat just for the sake of it to use up the calories. Does it matter, as long as I'm not going under everyday (fat chance, haha!!)?
Sorry for the noob question, but that is what I am on here!!

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just click the Search button and put in "eat exercise calories" -- you will see multiple multiple threads.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    One day is not going to hurt you. But I wouldn't make it a habit of eating 600 calories less than you should. That's pretty substantial.

450 + 300 - 180 = 570

If it were me, I'd eat a little something more than a cereal bar after your workout. Have a little protein and carb. Fruit and cottage cheese. poached egg on toast. Protein shake. Nuts.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    eat something high protein, forget about the calorie thing for now. Protein shake, or bar or tuna, salmon.
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    So far I have noticed that it doesn't matter if you are under on some days. You definately dont want to be totally under everyday but for the most part having some surplus is good. I find that it helps me to have some days that I am way over because there are usually one or two days a week that I am a little over (usually a no workout day). It all comes out in the end of the week..so far that is. Good job!
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    Bump
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing sometimes....I typically eat about 1500 calories regardless of whether or not I workout. On the days I'm hungry, I certainly make up for it. Listen to your body....you'll know by either the fatigue or lack of weight loss if not eating your exercise calories matter overall. Best of luck!
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think if you atleast eat your minimum/usually 1200 I'm guessing you can just save your exercise calories for a little give incase some calories are figured wrong, like some cushion.
  • peggylicious
    peggylicious Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    See, said I was a noob, hadn't even noticed the search option!!!
    Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm not hungry now, but I guess by the time I get back from my run it's likely I will want more than a cereal bar.
    I have gone over my allowance on several days - sometimes from losing control, but more often from underestimating calories and then getting a bit of a shock when I log my intake!! I'm still learning and hopefully will figure it all out soon and get the balance right :smile: