The Last Frontier

dakotadc
dakotadc Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everybody:

I have been reading your messages for awhile now and finally got the courage to participate and introduce myself.

I've been overweight most of my life but a very demanding job, long work hours, and poor eating habits as a result, all contributed to me achieving my highest weight ever of 240 pounds (I am 5' 2").

Two years ago, I changed jobs with the express intent of improving my work/life balance. After I started my new job, I took time to focus on my husband and my daughter as I realized that work had come first for far too long. I also did a lot of things around the house that needed to be done for a long time.

I am now ready to focus on addressing my weight once and for all and I consider this "The Last Frontier". I've tried many diets and have had some success but each time I gain everything I've lost and more. I am determined this time to lose the weight and keep it off. I want to do this for many reasons. First, to avoid the health risks that obesity present (I've been lucky so far and besides being overweight, I am very healthy); Second, to increase my energy; Third, to improve my appearance and have an easier time finding attractive clothing; and fourth, I hope to exxtend my life.

I am working with a nutritionist and I know I have a long way to go and I'll need a lot of support to get to where I want to be. I'm looking forward to supporting you as we journey together.

Replies

• Hi Everybody:

I have been reading your messages for awhile now and finally got the courage to participate and introduce myself.

I've been overweight most of my life but a very demanding job, long work hours, and poor eating habits as a result, all contributed to me achieving my highest weight ever of 240 pounds (I am 5' 2").

Two years ago, I changed jobs with the express intent of improving my work/life balance. After I started my new job, I took time to focus on my husband and my daughter as I realized that work had come first for far too long. I also did a lot of things around the house that needed to be done for a long time.

I am now ready to focus on addressing my weight once and for all and I consider this "The Last Frontier". I've tried many diets and have had some success but each time I gain everything I've lost and more. I am determined this time to lose the weight and keep it off. I want to do this for many reasons. First, to avoid the health risks that obesity present (I've been lucky so far and besides being overweight, I am very healthy); Second, to increase my energy; Third, to improve my appearance and have an easier time finding attractive clothing; and fourth, I hope to exxtend my life.

I am working with a nutritionist and I know I have a long way to go and I'll need a lot of support to get to where I want to be. I'm looking forward to supporting you as we journey together.
  • hawkeyechick
    hawkeyechick Posts: 43 Member
    WELCOME! Glad you joined us.:happy:

We're all here for you. I've got a lot to lose too and when I reach my goal I plan to keep it off for good this time. I wish you well in your journey.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Well, it's about time you found MFP! I'm so glad you're here. Since you've been lurking, you already know that everyone at MFP is here for each other. *hugs* :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Glad you finally came out from the corner of the room!! :tongue:

Welcome! We are here for ya when ya need us! :flowerforyou:
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. Its about time you are taking time for you:flowerforyou: . Everything else falls into place when you feel good!
  • Thank you all of you for making me feel very welcome.

:smile:
This discussion has been closed.