Does anyone want to try Insanity: The Asylum?

olag00
olag00 Posts: 222
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I am about to finish my first round of P90X and then getting married the first of August and have another reception around the 20th of August. I plan to start Insanity: The Asylum on August 22nd. This actually gives you enough time to do a round of insanity to prepare for it and it would put you at my start date.

If you are up for the challenge I will be there come Aug 22, please join me!

Replies

• olag00
    Forgot to mention is a 30 day program but it is supposed to be a beast.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Hear about P90X2 coming out?
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    What is the program?
  • olag00
    I believe P90X2 wont come out until after the round of Asylum. P90X2 is going to be next after Asylum!
  • olag00
    This is what the description of the program is:

Train like a pro. Play like a star in 30 days.Winning the game, the race, the match starts now with INSANITY: THE ASYLUM™ workout program. Former track-and-field star Shaun T will push you to Dig Deeper® than ever with sports-specific training and drills inspired by pro athletes. During this 30-day program, he’ll push you to build your speed, coordination, agility, strength, and power. So on game day, you’ll have the unbeatable athletic edge. Here’s what you get with INSANITY: THE ASYLUM:

6 Intense Workouts:

Speed & Agility: Get quick on your feet—fast, with this intense cardio workout. (45 minutes)
    Vertical Plyo: Jump higher than ever with this lower-body training routine. (40 minutes)
    Relief: Stretch out to build long, lean muscle and increase your flexibility. (25 minutes)
    Strength: Increase your strength and power by cross-training with weights and resistance. (50 minutes)
    Back to Core: Build the rock-solid core, glutes, and hamstrings for the explosive power you’ll need to play and dominate at an elite level. (45 minutes)
    Game Day: Put your new sports skills to the test with this cross-training workout. (60 minutes)
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    P90X2??? Insanity Asylum? how much harder are they then the first 2? Is it a progression? Do you need to be in better shape?
  • olag00
    Yes to both :)

It is a continuation of P90X and the Asylum is based on performance. You train like a professional athlete.
  • I have one more week left of Insanity and then I'm going to go to TurboFire so I may be able to do this...I would just have to double up for a week.
  • olag00
    Bump for the evening crowd..
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    I just finished up my first round of Insanity of a couple days ago. Today was my 2nd day of Asylum! I love this program. I love all these programs really. But Asylum so far is my favorite.

Feel free to add man! I of course will be done with Asylum by your start date. But it always nice to meet new workout buddies and people to chat with about the programs.
  • olag00
    Just trying to get more people interested in Joining for the Asylum starting on Aug22...after that P90X2 if it is out by then.
This discussion has been closed.