Plan to succeed

Soziberry
Soziberry Posts: 115
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Since I started my journey, 1 of the key points of being self motivated is to PLAN ahead. I roughly plan for the week when I do my shopping but each night when I get time to think I plan what I am going to eat the next day. I try to use everything that is available to me for variation and don't plan for exercise cals since I use them as emergency fund. Like if I go out for the day and can grab an icecream without feeling left out.

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Planning is vital to me as well. I've never been much of a snacker (IF I ever do have snacks, I have to be sitting on the dinner table... not while walking around/ in the car/ etc) , so I include exercise calories into my planning.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    It's a great idea to use exercise cals. as an emergency fund. Sometimes, I obsess over how many cals I have left, and I think I sometimes eat past being satiated because of this. Thank you for sharing your strategies :).
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Thankyou!
    I felt like that on Slimming World and Weight Watchers. Not really fine tuned for individuals. Its like an "All you can eat buffet" with SW as all the "FREE" food is so guilt free. Don't get me wrong, it does work since I shed my first 3 and a half stone doing SW. Weight Watchers although very different using points to eat everything and not just treats (recently they have adopted a FREE food system too for fruit and veg) I felt I was going around the house working out points and finding more points in something healthy than in a bar of chocolate. If you are not even hungry and told to eat ALL points then you are going to eat the wrong food.
This discussion has been closed.