politics?!

Options
So, there's no point to this post other than to rant.
I love MFP and I'm always very happy here. I find I can avoid the topics that I know will make me crazy, and participate in ones I care to. I get that people have a right to voice their ideas and opinions but I just have to say that I find it annoying when people parade their political ideas around on a site like this. It seems out of place.
Being Canadian, I still get enough press about the up-coming election - enough to have an opinion - but it really ruffles my feathers to go to read a post only to have people's political preferences in my face. Maybe I wouldn't notice as much if I agreed, but there will always be someone who doesn't agree.
I know MFP isn't the land of forced neutrality, but it seems like a poor forum for subtly or outwardly parading ones political views. To me, it injects something other than the full-on group supportive atmosphere.

Just my two cents; a rant like I said.
Now I'm off to un-ruffle my feathers, enjoy the rest of my birthday eve, and my birthday tomorrow!
Good night West Coast MFP :glasses:

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So, there's no point to this post other than to rant.
    I love MFP and I'm always very happy here. I find I can avoid the topics that I know will make me crazy, and participate in ones I care to. I get that people have a right to voice their ideas and opinions but I just have to say that I find it annoying when people parade their political ideas around on a site like this. It seems out of place.
    Being Canadian, I still get enough press about the up-coming election - enough to have an opinion - but it really ruffles my feathers to go to read a post only to have people's political preferences in my face. Maybe I wouldn't notice as much if I agreed, but there will always be someone who doesn't agree.
    I know MFP isn't the land of forced neutrality, but it seems like a poor forum for subtly or outwardly parading ones political views. To me, it injects something other than the full-on group supportive atmosphere.

Just my two cents; a rant like I said.
    Now I'm off to un-ruffle my feathers, enjoy the rest of my birthday eve, and my birthday tomorrow!
    Good night West Coast MFP :glasses:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Totally agree! This sight is all about support and encouragement to be healthy! And Happy Birthday!