Tell me about your kids

Options
amarie35
amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
My oldest son, is 14. He will be getting his learners this year & is SUPER excited about that. He has been playing football since he was 7 years old. He also runs track & wrestles, but he's only been doing that for the past 2 years. He will finally be 'TOP DOG' in middle school. He would've been starting high school this year but he failed 4th grade. He's a VERY aggressive young man. He's so much like me that we tend to argue quite often. He use to look more like me but, resembles his dad more and more each day. He loves to workout. He can bench press almost 170 pounds (10 pounds more than his body weight). He's very tall for his age; he is already almost 6 feet tall. He wants to be either a dentist or a doctor when he grows up & wants to play football professionally.

My middle son will be a pre-teen TOMORROW. I can't believe it's been almost been 12 years since I had him. He will be in 7th grade this year. He played football for a few years but his heart just wasn't in it. He's much too passive for that kinda sport. He plays the saxaphone in his school band. He does run track & he really likes to wrestle. He is very shy & kinda standoffish. He prefers to play alone. He loves to ride his bicycle & do anything outdoors. He takes piano lessons and is VERY good @ it. His 1st recital is in 2 months & we are excited to hear him play. He takes after me and is very sensitive. But, like his oldest brother, he resembles his dad more and more each day. When he grows up, he wants to be a storm chaser or a meteorologist.

My youngest son is 6 years old. He will be starting 1st grade this coming year. He plays football and seems to be good at it. He really gets into it. When he's fixing to go out on the field, he gets all pumped up & starts growling and everything. Like my oldest son, he too is VERY aggressive. He wants to try playing baseball, so this year we are going to sign him up for t-ball and see how he likes it. He is such a sweetheart. He is always complimenting me. He is usually very polite & well mannered. He too, looks just like his daddy. HE says he wants to be a BILLIONAIRE when he grows up. And when asked what he's going to do to become a billionaire, he says that he is going to be a lawyer. He also wants to join the military.

All three of my boys LOVE fishing. They can fish for hours @ a time. They also all love to skate & play video games.

I LOVE each of my kids the same & I treat them all equally. I would NEVER do for one w/out doing for the other. Although I wanted a girl, I can't complain not one bit. GOD blessed me w/ 3 healthy & VERY sweet boys & for that I am truely grateful.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my kids. I look forward to reading about yours.

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    My one and only is a 16 yeaqr old boy who has studied Karate for 12 years and will achieve his black belt this year. He works for me twice a week and is a 3.85 student. He is a very responsible young man with high moral standards and treats people the way he wants to be treated.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have two little boys. =)
    My oldest is 5 and will be starting Kindergarten this year. He is the sweetest gentlest little guy. He is very smart and loves to do "school work" and workbooks. He will sit and do work for hours. I hope this keeps up throughout his school years. He is a very active guy, but truly WANTS to do good and please. He is just the best thing!!

My little dude is 3 and is our little wild man!! He is the complete opposite of his big brother!! While he of course is sweet as can be, and by no means "bad" he is my rambunctious one and the one who tests me all day!! He is so very independant and stubborn for his age. He definately has a mind of his own and will not take anything from anyone!!

I just adore my boys, Im not sure if I will have anymore kiddos. If God chooses to bless me with more I will be thrilled, If not, I am SO blessed to be the mommy of two GREAT boys!!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    ok well, I have 12 year old twins. They are into training our dogs for 4-H. Courtney won state fair in Agility with our Black lab in 2009. Sarah just was crowned Mint Fest Princess. It is a small town festival. They both were in basket ball and track.

My youngest just turned 9 in May. She is a Daddy's girl. She works with him in the garage, helps him do everything in the yard. She is quiet and likes to hang around the house.

All 3 girls fight big time, sometimes I wish we had year round school.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have 3 wonderful kids!
    My daughter is 11 and is going to middle school this fall. She loves softball and all activities with art. She has picked up running as a hobby and will run her first 5K at Walt Disney World Wine & Dine October 1st. She's very close to her father and has a big heart. She's been busy this summer coloring pictures and mailing them to children's hospitals for a volunteer project.
    I also have a 6 yr old daughter who is in love with being a princess. She won't cut her hair b/c she wants to be a princess. It's now officially down to her bum. She loves to be outdoors and is a mommy girl. She's a big sports fan plays softball and soccer. She's going into 1st grade this fall and loves to read.
    My son is a VERY busy 4 yr old! He keeps me on my toes. He loves to play any sports and wants to be outside all the time. He has a lot of energy that I wish I could borrow. He's a mommy's boy but loves to push my buttons all the time! He'll be going into 3 day preschool this fall. He'll be waiting another year for school and do jr kind next year. He's too busy and needs a little more time.
    My life is my kids and husband. We do everything together! I love being a mom but honestly sometimes it can be a lot of work. I'd rather spend saturday night at home as a family instead of going out. I love my time away but they're going too fast! The first one was a surprise and the last two we weren't suppose to have. Doctors said due to husband's cancer he couldn't have more kids. I guess God had a different plan b/c we had two wonderful kids after cancer and proved doctors it can still happen!
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 8 years old (just two weekends ago). She's sassy, full of energy, and extraordinarily opinionated about everything. She's a swimmer, and swims on the team at the YMCA, as well as at school 5 days a week. She's practically a vegetarian at this point, and has definate ideas about what she will eat and what she won't.

She loves Taylor Swift, and I got her tickets to her October concert for her birthday.

It is just me and her - her Dad hasn't been around for several years now, so we consider ourselves a little team (Team Ocean is what we call ourselves), and we do everything together. She's a good kid - very environmentally conscious, and has a heart the size of Texas. She is, in my opinion, the best thing I've ever done, and I wouldn't trade one single day with her. I love her so much!!!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My kids are MINE :) but they spend their summers with their dad in Nevada, so I miss them terribly and I am excited to talk about them for a minute.

My oldest is 14, she will be 15 in August. She will be a sophmore in high school and is excited to play volleyball again. She also plays softball and has since she was 5. This year I got to see her hit a triple and later a home run. She was taller than me when she was in 6th grade and she loves that! I am continually amazed by how much she can accomplish and how fun it is (most of the time) to have such a wonderful person in my life.

My youngest daughter just finished first grade and is 7. She is me in mini form. We butt heads on a regular basis and I am quite concerned about her teenage years. She is artistic and can sing any song she hears (not a talent of mine, for certain!). She also makes everyone laugh on a regular basis.

The twins are identical and two minutes apart in age. They will be 5 at the end of July and I can hardly fathom how much they have grown. From tiny little guys who never had more skin exposed than their adorable little faces to wonderful boys who will start kindergarten in the fall. They are speech delayed and have been seeing a speech therapist for the last year. Now anyone can understand them, except when they are tired. They are so affectionate and I dread the day that is quickly approaching where it will be too uncool to get a hug from Mom (that won't always stop me though!). They will also be starting wrestling in the late fall, because they need some training! They have been wrestling since before they were born!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My oldest, Jared, is 22 and just graduated from WSU this year with a Mechanical Engineering degree. He's a total geek, super smart and is 6' 3". He'll be a daddy in August and I'm super excited to be a Grandmother! Joel turned 18 in February and will start community college this year. He's a baseball player and I always knew he would pitch. He was 9' 4oz at birth and such a momma's boy. He's about 6' now and very handsome. He's very social and everybody knows Joel; as a kid I was known in our neighborhood as "Joel's mom". Needless to say he scooted thru high school by the "skin of his teeth"! He's a smart kid just too social for his own good. Now, my baby is Jeremy. He'll be 14 in November. He, like his oldest brother, is a brainiac. I have no idea where they got that! He also plays baseball. As tall as the others are, Jeremy is the runt! I think this might be his summer, though! I tell him he'll shoot up soon! He's the sweetest surprise I've ever had. I'm grateful to God for Jeremy because he was His idea. I love them all so much and am so grateful to be their mom.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm a momma of boys, too! :) My oldest is 14, and starting HIGHSCHOOL this year!! (ugh!) He seems to be gifted both musically and athletically. He taught himself how to play guitar and is REALLY good, he has played trumpet in his school band the last 2 years, but this year he wants to try something different. He wrestles, plays baseball, and has set records for his school with long jump and shuttle run. He amazes me every day.

My twins are 12 and are as different as night and day! One is my little conservative: likes his hair in a crew cut, is very well mannered, and is a momma's boy. He loves to play sports as well, although doesn't always play for his school team every year. But he does play basketball and football with the neighborhood boys every single day. He's also going to play trumpet this year in band. (his first year of middle school - so his first opportunity to play in band) The other twin is my mini-Justin-Bieber. (he'd KILL me if he new I said that!! lol) He likes his hair longer and shaggy, is a huge "ladies man," (ugh!), he's as strong willed as his mother and we argue just about every day lol. My twins are lost without each other, but they fight with each other every single day... sometimes turning physical. The joy of boys hitting puberty!! They don't know what to do with all of that testosterone!

My baby is 4 now. He LOVES video games, Power Rangers, and wrestling with his brothers. He is spoiled by EVERYONE in our family, and is very special to us all. He has a crazy imagination, and is obsessed with zombies and ninjas! :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to 3 wonderful little monkeys

My oldes will be 14 years old in July. He was playing football for pop warner for like 3 years and joined his school football this year. He will be starting high school when school starts. He is very quite and calm. Loves video games, skate boarding and last year was his first years snow boarding and now loves it too. He plays soccer also but this maybe his last year unless we find other areas for older kids. We are very open with him and he knows he can talk to us about anything. Just found out he got a girl friend and looking forward to meeting this girl.

My middle child will be 11 in October. He is VERY active and was diagnosed with ADHD. Loves to run, ride bikes, video games, sports, skateboard, I think this kid loves everything. He also loves to eat. He has been playing football for about 3years for pop warner also and we will continue to enroll him in it. He also plays soccer. He is very sweet and loving and the type that would take the coat off his back if you were cold for you.

My baby she is 2 and little bucket full of energy!! <- not kidding. She loves to hang and play with her brothers they can not leave the house without her chasing after them and trying to leave with them. She has 3 little cousins that are just a few months apart from her and she enjoys play time with them at her grandma's (she babysits LOL). She is a daddys girl!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My oldest boy is 5, nearly 6. He is a lot like Calvin in Calvin and Hobbes, his grasp of philosophy is about 50 years ahead of his maths and writing ability. He is very bright, is reading at 8 year old level, but very lazy. He is the only boy at his school who does ballet, he does 2 classes a week, and he loves it. I think he's pretty good at it. He also likes pink, buying shoes and almost all his friends are girls, but on the flip side he is obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars and robots. He wants to build robots when he grows up. Or be Jack Sparrow. He is insanely beautiful, brown hair, huge dark brown eyes and a permanent tan, very outgoing, was designed for Hollywood, he is completely sure of himself and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks, including his father and me, unfortunately, which makes it very difficult to parent him effectively! He has the most volatile temper I have ever known, and is quite the most exhausting person to be around.

My second son is 3 and is the polar opposite. He is blonde, pale skinned, blue eyed, typical boy - into running around, rugby, and doesn't like "geeeeerls" (said in much the same was as "snails"), he is always smiley, like a little streak of sunshine. He hugs me all the time, and says he loves me. He is always snuggled up next to me, or following me around attached to my leg. He is super competitive, especially at sport. He can't deal with anyone being able to run faster than him, so it's fortunate almost no one his age can. He is freaky bright at maths, he could count to 100 at 2 years old, and can work out sums in his head faster than his brother. Doesn't know the alphabet and can't write his name, though, because he isn't interested. He loves numbers. He is almost always sweet, unless he loses it and throws a tantrum, like most 3 year olds, but he doesn't do that often. He really couldn't be more easy going or sweet.
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    I was blessed with four beautiful children. My oldest daughter is 13 and is involved in almost every extracurricular activity, as well as BMX. My only son is 11 and is active in BMX, hunting, and fishing. My other daughter is 4, and my youngest daughter is 2. Definitely keep me on my toes, but I would be absolutely lost without them. The older two are constantly on the go during the summer and I keep the little girls busy by going to the park or playing in our backyard.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    What a wonderful positive post!!!!!

My oldest is 13. She's the super book smart one. Plays clarinet in the band, is in all honor classes. Talks your ear off if you let her. She's always been the one that listens and hates to get into trouble. She's funny, uncoordinated, and just beautiful. She was from the moment she was born Daddy's girl. I like to say that she got the best of my ex and I. It wasn't until the past few years that we have become super close. And I love it. She's already taller than I am. Loves to be the center of attention. The love of her life is my 3 year old.

My next is 10. She's quiet and shy and the sweetest kid I've ever met. She hates to hurt others feelings or upset anyone. She can figure out how to do anything. She is my creative one. She dresses wacky and I love it, she wants to be a fashion designer. She hates school and it's been a super struggle for her. Not because she isn't smart but because she just doesn't like it. She's improved so much in the last few years and I am so proud of her. She's just a beautiful girl inside and out. She likes her alone time. Which her brother hasn't quiet gotten yet. The love of her life is the baby.

My next is 3. He drives me insane and he knows it. He is all boy. Loves trucks and sports and has an arm on him that is insane already. He eats constantly and looks like a stick. He never puts on weight just grows taller. He's crazy, high energy and just full of life. He already has his Dad's dry sense of humor. He fills our lives with a lot of funny moments. He's a sweetheart though. Always ready to give hugs and kisses.

My baby is 6 months. He was a surprise baby so I call him our present. He is the rolliest polliest happiest little baby I've ever had. He smiles the minute he sees me every morning. You can't help but be happy around him. He laughs constantly over everything. He is truly a blessing.

I love my kids. If you had told my 21 year old self that she would have laughed her head off. I had always wanted a big family I just didn't want to HAVE THEM lol. I didn't want kids at all. My 1st I found out I was pregnant 2 days before I got married. So I guess I started with a present baby and ended with a present baby. They really are my blessings and I wouldn't take anything in the world for my crazy crew.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My oldest is 15 we have just started teaching him how to drive,he is very sensitive and polite.Which is wierd because he is a teen and my kid lol.He loves to read and will read a couple books a week.

My youngest is my daughter she will be 4 tommorow,she is ALOT like me stubborn as hell. She also likes to pretend shes a dog and barks at people we pass in the grocery store or that walk by our patio
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have 2 children. My oldest will be 6 in August and will be in the first grade this year. She's head-strong, outgoing, and very imaginative. She is constantly singing and making up new songs, and at least 20 times a day I hear "hey mom, wouldn't it be funny if..". This usually results in a story about a turtle who can fly while on the back of a cat or something silly like that. LOL. She's absolutely GORGEOUS. She has waist length blonde, corkscrew curly hair and blue eyes. She looks alot like her daddy, who also had long corkscrew curls when we first met. She laughs constantly and is hyper. I'm pleased with her eating habits. She would choose strawberries any day over a cookie. Not a big vegetable eater, but she will eat the few she truly likes. Big green bean lover. She wants to be on American Idol when she grows up and also wants to ride her bike in marathons.

My youngest is 6 months old and is a blessing to us. She was a surprise since we had been told just a few months prior to pregnancy that I was infertile. At the time we simply accepted it and declined fertility treatments as we had never planned for another child outside of our first. Once we discovered we were pregnant, we were excited and thrilled. Our pregnancy is a long, complicated story but in a nutshell we were told our baby girl had a genetic disorder, Turner's Syndrome, and had a less than 1% chance of surviving the pregnancy. We were told to abort and we fired the clinic that recommended it and found a new doctor. God is great! She survived the birth, is completely healthy and lacking nearly all of the physical manifestations that come with TS, and is an example to the medical community of why they shouldn't advise abortion so quickly. You may be seeing our story on The 700 Club soon. We're waiting on the final decision of producer's and should hear back in a few weeks. Baby Ellie loves to socialize. She smiles and babbles at anyone who will notice her. She's a whopping 17 lbs and loves her baby food. She's our veggie eater. Not at all interested in fruit, she's all about the carrots, squash and sweet potatoe. She's extremely strong and has been rolling to her side since the day she was born. She can already hang onto the side of her crib and stand by herself! She loves music and playing my piano and will actually "sing" along with it. Both girls' love of music thrills my hsuband and I as we are both musicians and I am a singer.

Great question. This was fun!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    one of my most favorite topics

my oldest daughter is 11 and possibly the most out spoken opinionated and head strong girl i have ever met. she is very tom-boy but likes to put a little girly twist on things. she doesnt like to go with the flow. someone told her that not a lot of girls play the bass so she signed up for it in the schools orchestra! she was told she shouldnt play football cause shes a girl and well after begging and pleading for her not to play she opted not to. Im thinking that she will continue this into adult hood. she is very smart and kind hearted but OMG a grumpy pants in the morning. Sounds just like someone I know! momma! she is the person that came into my life and made me want to be better, I was in a bad place until she came along. I owe it to God and her! She is also a leader. Normally takes up for kids that are being picked on. Lets just say since she is almost 5' 4" she doesnt get picked on. She is my favorite girl!

Now my son! He is 5 and about to start school in the fall. We didnt want to have anymore babies, at first and then one day i said to myself hmm maybe just one more. 5 seconds later i was pregnant. I prayed to God that he give me a healthy baby boy and if he could throw in some blonde hair and blue eyes i would greatly appreciate it. I never thought that would happen since im half mexican and those genes are strong. Well the day that baby was born he weighed in at 9lbs with blonde hair and blue eyes. Ive been in love ever since! He was just what i prayed for. My husband is a bit older than I am and he never thought he would be the father of a 5 year old. In any case, my son is the coolest kid ever! He is so intuitive and intelligent! He likes to analyze things and find out how they work inside and out. He is very kind hearted and laid back and has the coolest sense of humor. He hardly EVER gets in trouble. He loves to "snuggle bunny" with his mommy at night. so i let him crawl in my bed and we watch AFV. I just lay and listen to the sound of his voice and his laughter. Makes my heart melt. I know like his sister this will end one day. She is way too cool for me at times. However when they are sick or tired they both want me to hold them. They say "i wanna hold you" lol i just love it!

I never thought in a million years i would have two kids. I never thought I could love someone as much as i love those two little people! they are truly the best gifts I have ever received. I wish they would stay little forever but I cant wait to see them grow up and become adults and parents.

Now i will go cry! lol i just love the hell out of them! I could squeeze them all day. I make them let me smell them sometimes. I grab their heads and just smell away! Sometimes its gross but sometimes they have their little scents that just remind me of when they were little. I know im not the only momma that does that. If i am then you dont know what youre missing.

P.S. they are very well behaved because we believe in discipline and they make me proud! every now and then though I want to pull my hair out! lol
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome topic!

I'm am proud to say I have 3 awesome boys!

First of all I started very young (16) then started over LOL

My oldest will be 22 in December. He is my hero. He is a UNITED STATES MARINE and is currently deployed to Afghanistan. I can honestly tell you that part of my heart left with him and and the other part has skipped a lot of beats since then. I will be so glad when this deployment is over. He is going to be married to a awesome girl 11/11/11.I am very lucky he found someone I love like a daughter already. Brett wasn't into sports in school. He liked video games and then suddenly in high school hearing a lot about what was going on in the world since 9/11 he decided Mom I'm joining JROTC and one day I'm going to be a Marine. Well, he did both. I love that kid and can honestly say we grew up together and he's not only my child but my best friend.

When Brett was 11 I suddenly was surprised that I was pregnant again after thinking that wasn't possible any longer. Zachary came along at full speed. I went to my 37 week Dr's appt begging him to check me because I knew that he was coming ..well he checked and sure enough I was already 5 cm dilated. Zach hasn't slowed down since. He's very athletic and plays football and baseball. He just turned 10 and already loves those girls. OH NO! He's a happy child and just loves to be around people.

My baby is Ethan who will be 6 in July. We decided for one more and I got pregnant pretty quickly. He also came early though. 5 weeks and stayed in NICU for 2. He had a collapsed lung and gave me a big scare. I was so relieved the day I brought him home. He's been such a joy and is such a different personality then my older boys. He is creative and artistic and loves to read, draw paint and well create. He things girls are gorgeous and says he will marry Barbie one day. He is very sensitive but still can be very competitive also.

I have to say my kids truly are my life and living through 2 of the most extreme situations (one going to 1st grade and one a deployed Marine) I can say..some days I really don't know whether I'm coming or going or lost altogether. I pray so hard each day for safety, health and just another day to love them..completely.

I end this by unapologetically asking for prayers for not only my son but all of our Military.

God Bless

Nichole

P.S> Thanks for starting this topic.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have been blessed with four fantastic children! My daughter is 5.5 and she's wild and funny and fiercly intelligent, she blows my mind, but she's saucy to boot, she's a handful ;)

I have twin sons, one who passed away at 20 days old from a collection of very complicated heart defects that were not detected until they were 6 days old. His brother will be four this fall, he's sensitive, shy and very loving, he's very silly and we adore him to pieces!

Our newest addition is 10 weeks old, she's beautiful and we can't wait to learn more about who she will become, right now she's a smilely little lady who loves me more then anything, who wouldn't love that!

Katie
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh! Thought you might enjoy this. When my oldest was 3 we had a daily routine of singing together on my karaoke machine. I made a recording of us singing and made a video out of it. You can hear her behind me. It is soooooooo cute. She still enjoys listening to it still. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjMkR260sw&amp;feature=channel_video_title