random tip for those who want it

Options
2»

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I'm at home, I always use a baby spoon for things like pudding and ice cream so I eat less of it. In fact, I usually won't eat if I have to use the big big spoons. (Not in the starve myself way, but in the eat something that requires a fork or no utensils)

In fact, it also works with using a fork to eat pizza. I had one small slice and was full by the end of it using a fork when I normally can eat much more with my hands.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thats a nice idea... I like putting smaller quantities in my mouth because I savour every bite of it. My mom makes fun of me when the stuff is gooey enough to probably just swallow, but I am chewing it :)
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I kind of do this. I eat everything with a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon. It does help!
    me too
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    these are REALLY nice tips!! Thank you for sharing!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I do this too. Mine's not a baby spoon, but an espresso spoon, so I'm guessing similar size or smaller even?

I also eat pretty much everything else with a fork and knife, regardless of what it is, because it seems to force me to slow down by cutting everything into smaller pieces and eating them one by one.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I've been using a smaller spoon and dinner plate for months now - happy to see I'm not the only one!! :drinker:
  • dlancaster8
    Options
    I'm gonna start doing this...thanks!
  • judyDFW
    judyDFW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great idea. And congrats on 185 lost!
  • bjalter
    bjalter Posts: 43
    Options
    just a tip- don't make fun of me!!!

Are you kidding? We'd have to be crazy to make fun of you after the amazing success you've had.
    All I can say is: Please share more of your tips!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    LOL! I do this!! We only have a few left...and yes they are the PLASTIC baby spoons, but with oatmeal, yogurt, and ice cream I totally do this. Haha!