"If Every Day Were Like Today, You'd Weigh #"

Options
How do they come to that calculation?

I am within my cal limits most days a week, I think. I am thinking I've been on MFP since April. I am wondering if I am really going to be ten more lbs lighter in another month or so, or, if as I am assuming, MFP is crazy.

Any wisdom on these numbers?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't take that to heart.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Ha ha everyday my number goes down lol I keep decreasing my calorie intake lol thats a very good question though :)
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I was wondering that but I kind of ignore it. I think its a visualise aid to help motivate you. Who knows? I read somewhere if a person actually believes something is going to happen, it could. A switch in the brain to stop that added extra that we always forget about.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    When I started someone said to put that wt on your food diary for 5 weeks from now. Well I did and I hit a plataue for 4 weeks- on the day that the at broke ----guess what my note to myself came up and said blah blah blah.... well I had been faithful and exersicing and all-and I was still 7 pounds over my predicteed weight. that took a bit of wind out of my happy sails-- so on the advice of mfp's of mine- I decided to ignore that bit of fantasy fluff!:laugh:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    When I started someone said to put that wt on your food diary for 5 weeks from now. Well I did and I hit a plataue for 4 weeks- on the day that the at broke ----guess what my note to myself came up and said blah blah blah.... well I had been faithful and exersicing and all-and I was still 7 pounds over my predicteed weight. that took a bit of wind out of my happy sails-- so on the advice of mfp's of mine- I decided to ignore that bit of fantasy fluff!:laugh:

GREAT idea about the note. Thank you to everyone... seems like the consensus is that the numbers are garbage. :/ Should've known!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    OK, so I may not weigh that in a month but if it's less than where I am at today...:wink:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    How do they come to that calculation?

I am within my cal limits most days a week, I think. I am thinking I've been on MFP since April. I am wondering if I am really going to be ten more lbs lighter in another month or so, or, if as I am assuming, MFP is crazy.

Any wisdom on these numbers?

It's simple maths - if you have set your cals based on a 2 pound a week weight loss, then if you are eating at those numbers you SHOULD be that weight in 5 weeks. Of course our lives and bodies are made up of much more than numbers so those predictions aren't always going to be accurate 5 weeks on. I think it's most unlikely if you're aiming for agressive weight loss - ie. 2 pounds a week.

I just checked back in my diary (I've been noting the prediction each day for four weeks now) and it predicted that I should weigh 75.5 in 5 weeks. It's only been 4 weeks but I weighed in at 75.5 last weekend so it's pretty much spot on for me.