Endurance Athletes

Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
edited October 11 in Fitness and Exercise
Looking to friend up with some more endurance athletes (aspiring, training, or veteran all need apply!) Training for some long workouts and its nice to see that others log these as well.. Also always on the lookout for tips and tricks.

Run / bike / swim / marathon / rowing / hiking ....anything applies!

:glasses:

Replies

• lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    I'm a casual runner turned marathoner. I think that qualifies me as an endurance athlete, right? lol
  • Totally!
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    former 3hr 27 min marathoner thats trying to get back there and better aiming for 3hr 14min in a september 2011 marathon :-)
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I run quite a bit, getting ready for my 23rd marathon next month, so I guess that makes me an endurance athlete of sorts.
  • sallen67
    sallen67 Posts: 24 Member
    Couple half marathons, a 70.3 triathlon, several century and beyond bike rides/races.

Currently training for the 112 mile bike portion as part of a relay team for a full Ironman and training for my first full marathon in January.

Scott
  • *bump* :)
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    A couple times a month I'll do some endurance mountain biking rides or hikes (burning over 1k calories). I'm not much of a runner, but I love a long outdoor excursion :-)

I'll be mountain biking, hiking and rafting from CO to CA in a few weeks. I won't have internet access, but I might bring my HR monitor just for fun.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    I'm in the middle of training for my 2d marathon and running a fair amount each day.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    70.3 on the books. 2 marathons booked and looking and debating on a 50 miler.
  • catcher_in_the_pie
    catcher_in_the_pie Posts: 37 Member
    70.3 on the books. 2 marathons booked and looking and debating on a 50 miler.

Don't debate, just do it! I did my first 50 miler a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Six marathons, including 2 Bostons
    A bunch of olympic distance triathlons and one half-ironman
    Recent 10 k swim
    Plenty of century rides, but I am not crazy about cycling

My passion is endurance trail running but I haven't ever competed. I guess the benefits of a competition for me would be for the convenient food & hydration stands and an excuse to really do something long.

I just did my first open water ocean swim on Sunday and it was amazing! I'd really like to do more open water ocean swimming, so I'd be interested in hearing other people's experiences and recommendations --especially if you are from New England.

Since I started MFP and changed my evil food ways, by chance I haven't competed in any races with supplied nutrition. I'm wondering if people here have found a way around the unnatural and processed foods that are so much a part of the race scene (i.e. artificial colors and unnatural sugars in Gatorade, Gu, etc).
  • distanthorizons
    distanthorizons Posts: 16 Member
    Budding (Self Reinvention) Endurance Cyclist just completed 2 man relay team Race across the West RAW (863 Miles) June 16
    Training for 24 hour time trial 13 November, 2015
    Aspiring to do Solo RAW and Solo Race Across America 2017, 2018 Respectively
    Triathlete a few years back competed in 4-70.3s couple Olympic distances 2007-2009ish
    Open water swimmer competed 6 Waikiki Roughwater swims
    One Honolulu Marathon
    10ks, half marathons, 5ks Good at running but don't do it anymore
    Big wave surfer for three decades specialized in Pipeline and Sunset good at surfing don't surf anymore
    Discovered I was pre diabetic two weeks before RAW interested in trading recipes and insight into managing diabetes with endurance sports
    I just started this MFP today to track my food. I love to cook and will discuss food prep I eat somewhat bad but my saving grace is I love vegetables!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Holy zombie thread batman!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    rybo wrote: »

The thread has it's own "endurance" record! :lol:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    mwyvr wrote: »
    rybo wrote: »

The thread has it's own "endurance" record! :lol:
    rim-shot-johnny-utahthumbnail.jpg

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, mwyvr will be here all week, and please remember to tip your waiter or waitress!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    LOL
This discussion has been closed.