yuck- breakups suck

Options
Yep so after posting about my relationship yesterday, I had a long talk with him on the phone and pretty much broke up. I would like to still stay friends with him- but not sure how that ever really works out.

I feel like there is a pit in my stomach and I am just sad. I really really enjoyed his company but his hang ups and his relationship with his ex wife was just too much. Last night, I spoke to him about how I spend all my time with him which is true and he told me I didnt. That kinda cinched it for me. I feel like I could never give enough for him. I feel like I have gained a lot from him but given A LOT as well. I have given up spending time with others because he wants all my time (when he isnt with his ex).

Breakups are so hard. Everytime I go through one, I question myself, and of course I question if I will ever find a partner. What I find the hardest is how my heart literally aches inside. I am going to really try to focus on friends and health and not binging. But I really am sad......

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Yep so after posting about my relationship yesterday, I had a long talk with him on the phone and pretty much broke up. I would like to still stay friends with him- but not sure how that ever really works out.

I feel like there is a pit in my stomach and I am just sad. I really really enjoyed his company but his hang ups and his relationship with his ex wife was just too much. Last night, I spoke to him about how I spend all my time with him which is true and he told me I didnt. That kinda cinched it for me. I feel like I could never give enough for him. I feel like I have gained a lot from him but given A LOT as well. I have given up spending time with others because he wants all my time (when he isnt with his ex).

Breakups are so hard. Everytime I go through one, I question myself, and of course I question if I will ever find a partner. What I find the hardest is how my heart literally aches inside. I am going to really try to focus on friends and health and not binging. But I really am sad......
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss! :brokenheart: I read about your situation in another post. Breakups do suck. Good friends of ours just broke up a few weeks ago, and we've been seeing what they're going through. It makes me sad. Just remember to continue to take care of yourself--good diet and exercise will help relieve some of the stress. Get in some good cries, and keep yourself busy! It sounds like you got out of a sticky situation which didn't sound good for anyone.

Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i read about your story the other day, i think you did the right thing, you need someone who is there for you when you need them :flowerforyou:

look after yourself and if you need to talk we are all here :heart:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:
    O sweetie......I am so sorry to hear that. I had hoped you could come to an agreement.....

:flowerforyou: Prayers for you that you can find your close circle of friends, have a good cry and start healing your heart:flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I'm sorry, I know your heart is broken, but it may be for the best ... it would be worse to be with him, and continue living in a relationship were he isn't willing to give up his ex to be with you. :flowerforyou: *hugs*
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    awww I'm sorry HUGS!!! :flowerforyou: