Good nutrition SOFT food

nicothepotato
nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
I just got my wisdom teeth out and have been told to eat soft food for the next couple of days. Today, I had pancakes (the drugs made me!) and some Malt-O-Meal with some protein shake mixed in. I can only think of cereal, protein shakes and beans to eat and that seems pretty boring. If I try to stick with that I'll just start eating a bunch of vegan ice cream and regret it later.

P.S. I'm a strict vegetarian, borderline vegan. I'll eat dairy in small amounts when I'm out of the house.

Replies

• SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Do they make vegan baby food? I ate baby food when I had mine removed.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    When I had mine out I survived on soups from the local Chinese restaurant. Might not be the healthiest, but there are lots of soups from the grocery store that are better for you.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Dahl and rice, veggie soup, avocado, frozen banana pureed so its like icecream :)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    My son lived on baked potatoes after he had his tonsils out. Well-cooked cauliflower, too.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    I am getting mine removed next month and was wondering what suggestions anyone would have. Mashed potatoes would probably be another choice.
  • It sounds like a good time to make friends with your food processor!
    When I was on a soft food diet I made oatmeal w/ banana a lot... that was surprisingly delicious!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    I'm making a big batch of beans right now for the next few days. I also got a red potato boiling for this evening.

I'm going to have my bf make me soup. He loves to make me soup because I'm a culinary professional and he likes to cook but is only confident about his soups. Also, I'll put some whole wheat pasta and some kind of veggie sauce on the menu. I prefer my veggies crunchy or not at all so it looks like I will be hiding veggies in smoothies until I'm good to go.
This discussion has been closed.