Hi people.

Options
Hi!

I just joined last week, so I thought I'd come say hi.

When I was in high school, I developed an eating disorder because I had chronic anxiety and panic attacks. After I got better, I put on a lot of weight (about 40 pounds) because I didn't care what I ate anymore. When I did start to care, I would stop eating again and the whole cycle went bad, with me going up and down in weight and my metabolism slowing down. Now I'm 19 and in college and I want to get fit again the healthy way.

I'm 5'9" and started last week at 180 lbs. I'm hoping to get down to 140. In the week that I started dieting, I lost three pounds - I think I'll average about a pound a week now that the initial change to my body is out of the way.

Before I started eating healthy, I would walk a lot and now I'm doing an hour every morning on the treadmill, which helps me feel better the whole day. I'll try and get out and go for walks outside when I can, in addition, because it's a lot more fun.

I started eating healthy - shopping at Trader Joe's since I'm a vegetarian - and I can already tell a difference. I feel better about myself, have more energy, and know it's a good lifelong choice for me. I've been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. Lots of fruits, etc, even though I sometimes have my skinny cow treats when I need chocolate! :)

Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself. Aside from the whole diet plan, I'm a huge reader and writer and love love love music. (My username is taken from one of my favorite songs by Airborne Toxic Event.)

I hope MFP will help me get back to being a healthy person and to feel better about myself!

Feel free to add me/message me!

Replies

• chartel
    chartel Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi! Sounds like you're on the right road! Welcome to the forum :)