suggestions needed please

Options
I’ve reached my first weight-loss goal and have learned how to not completely hate excising (yay me! :D ) and now I’d like to reward myself. I decided that I want to get something health/exercise related. I think something new will help keep me ‘interested’ (not that I have any interest in getting off the ‘healthy lifestyle’ wagon)… anyways… I decided (in part due to my budget) to get a couple of books.

I’m pretty sure that I want something that can help me learn how to put a strength training routine together. …beginner friendly would be nice as I am a beginner but at the same time I’d like something that I’m gonna be able to use once in awhile. I don’t want to read something once and then us it as a coaster on my coffee table, ya know?

Or maybe a super awesome cookbook? I think what I’m looking for in a cookbook doesn’t exist. It needs to have super yummy stuff that picky kids like, “meat and potatoes” guys won’t feel like it’s “rabbit” food, but also super easy (I’m ‘challenged’ in the kitchen ;p) and fast AND also have healthier dishes in it.

Any ideas???

What books have totally helped you out? That you still open up once in awhile?

Thanks so much for your suggestions! :)

Replies

• Neujewel
    Neujewel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't get the excersize/food books. However, my friend had purchased a cookbook that she absolutely loves. It's called something to affect of 'Cooking with Amy'.... she's a local newreporter in our area... the food is quick and easy, and I've tried some myself...and are good.... and my husband hasn't complained (I think he might be the pickiest eater I've ever met :) ). Well, I hope that helps a little, and good luck with your goals :)
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Let's see...I have dozens of books, but honestly one that I don't have that I'm sure would help w/o a doubt is a biggest loser cookbook...Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the great job!!!