Lost 60 pounds while my husband was deployed to Iraq

Options
Soulierl
Soulierl Posts: 18 Member
I told myself I wanted to be half the woman I was, when my hubby left March 2010, when he returned March 2011!, I went from eating about 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day when he was home - down to only 1,200 calories a day... Its freakin' HARD!!! But I went from 218 pounds down to 153 pounds!!!

My profile picture Is a before and after --- the photo of me in the white shirt was taken the day he was deployed. I saw that photo and cried my eyes out !!! I told myself I couldn't keep eating the way I had been. So I decided that day that I would make a change in me....

Now he's been home for 3 months and its a struggle to keep from falling into bad habits again.... I'm trying to encourage him to eat better...and LESS!!! :happy:

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    wow you look great
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep up the good work!
  • Soulierl
    Soulierl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! It feels good seeing the pounds and inches start getting smaller doesn't it?
  • Rditty25
    Rditty25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great job! My husband is deployed right now too and it's so much easier to fall into better eating habits when they are gone and fall back into the bad ones when they come home! Keep strong, you can do it! :) Again, just WOW!
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Congrats,,,you look great,,and I know your husband is so proud of you....
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look fabulous!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! bet that was a shock for hubby you look like a different woman... !!! you look fantastic !!! ... amazing results... and also a thank you to your husband for his duty and you for having him gone so long. many blessings to you all. XOXOX
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    What a hot momma you are! Thank you for your sacrifice, and also thank your husband for me!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! What was his reaction??? :smile:
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! I did the same thing when my husband was deployed to Korea for a year... by the time he came home from Mid-tour, I had dropped from a size VERY tight 12 (I think I was in denial that I really needed a 14) down to size 4-6... 30 lbs in 5 months for me... Congrats on a job well done!

Lisa
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Wonderful job! I wish I could see the look on his face when he saw the new you for the first time!
  • mwatson23
    mwatson23 Posts: 18
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats to you and thank you to you and your hubby for your service ;) Stay strong, you have accomplished much bigger goals then this so just remember what it took and how good you feel now!
  • EmilyDezo
    EmilyDezo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look great! What was his reaction when he came back? Had you told him while he was gone that you were trying to loose weight? Only a few more lbs left. You got this girl...awesome job!
  • lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    Options
    You look great!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Bet your husband was surprised when he came home! You look wonderful!!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...that must have been really hard work!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same as you did. My husband has been stationed overseas for almost 4 years. He has been home to visit from time to time but he has yet to see me at this size. I can't wait till he does!

You look awesome. Keep focus. Lead by example and he will come around to your side eventually.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    A massive well done, you look fab!! Keep it up...you can do it!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!