T.O.M question

Options
I was just wondering if any of you know if its true or not that woman usually weight 4-6lbs more during their "time of the month" I heard this somewhere ( I can't recall where) and just want to know if it is legit?

Replies

• ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There is almost always weight gain during a woman's TOM... simply for the fact that our bodies tend to retain water then...that and the fact, that sometimes (for me almost inevitably) I tend to want to eat all the time!
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It is very true for me! I always go up about 2 lbs or so a few days before and then at least 5-6 lbs total during. My weight doesn't even back out again until about 2 days after TOM is over......
  • Bub3les0
    Bub3les0 Posts: 47
    Options
    I always gain five pounds, and it always goes away after, though midol does help
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    YEa....that would be water retention. : )
  • prousis
    prousis Posts: 14
    Options
    You retain more water during that time of the month, so you could easily see the scale fluctuate during this time. My advice is cutback on your sodium intake during this period and you should be able to even out the water retention.
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    glad to hear this, as I've gained a bit, but haven't went over my goals, and have been working out. Gotta hate that TOM!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    While there can be a gain, there can also be a loss. During my t.o.m., I lost at least three pounds. Be sure to drink plenty of water and try to not have a bunch of sodium.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I dont usually gain but I get a strong desire to be in the gym, So maybe I counteract it|? Dunno
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I really just wanted to make sure I was hearing this correctly when this morning. And I have noticed that every TOM I do go up. But usually go back down as well. I hope thats all my gain is, because Ive worked my *kitten* off (minus one day of being hungover) and am currently showing a 4lb gain. We shall see when TOM is over!!! Thanks ladies
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Totally true! I was like 179 last week during it and I just weighed myself today and I lost four pounds!! haha
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This is my first round with MFP & TOM.....they are battling it out. But it's better than being late!! LOL

I was really discouraged until I put two and two together and realized it wasn't me failing, it's just mother nature doing her thing.

I've decided to skip weigh in this week. I'm just too far all over the road. For example, this am I weighed 5 lbs less than yesterday. This afternoon, I was up another 3. Plus I just "feel" bloated. I'm trying to drink a lot of water but I'm not even peeing as much as I normally do. Even my workouts are a off. I just don't seem to have the OOPMF! My body is just fighting everything. I'm still sticking to my right calories but I notice that I'm a lot hungrier and am craving more sweets. Tomorrow is a month since my first measurements. I think even those will wait until next week. That way I'm always on a "truer" results week.

I figure I'll just ride it out and everything will work out by the end of the week.