Poached eggs the easy way

Options
duffylinn
duffylinn Posts: 30
Just found this recipe and tried it! I love it...enjoy!

6 eggs
1 muffin tin that holds 6 muffins
2-3 table spoons of water per cup

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.. put water in each cup
3. crack 1 egg per cup
4. bake for about 10 min or until egg white is firm and yolk is a little runny still
5. take out of the oven and serve

I make sandwiches out of them for breakfast. Here is also another recipe I found that I may try very soon, cutting calories where I can!

http://epicureanbliss.com/2011/01/31/when-an-egg-met-a-cupcake-tin/

Replies

• hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    I dont believe this AND will be trying it in the morning
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I am so going to do this! I bake my bacon too. So much easier and makes it much crispier. :)
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing!
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    OoOo :p Thank you.
  • sweetie89207
    sweetie89207 Posts: 361
    Options
    what!!! that easy!!! have to try- thx!
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds easy and good!
  • KittyKaddy
    Options
    This is a neat way to poach eggs... can't wait to check out this recipe!:smile:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Cant wait to try it..Thanks
  • Elodie104
    Elodie104 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That looks so easy! Thanks!!!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    I totally overcooked them but it worked!! Will try again in morning. I love poached egg.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump- thanks! I can never make poached eggs... will def be trying this! :flowerforyou:
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    seriously?? my new years resolution is to learn how to poach an egg. I am SO trying this!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! My kids love poached eggs, but I don't like making them. I'll have to try this way!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Update: My daughter asked for eggs as a snack right after I read this, so I suggested we make poached eggs in the oven. She loved them! WAY simpler than cooking them in a pan one at a time. I did have to cook them a little longer than suggested though.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just made that recipe this morning! I used sauteed onions and peppers for the base with a bit of mozzarella cheese mixed in and then just barely sprinkled them on top with parm cheese. Instead of six, I did four in the muffin pan, and eating two for breakfast was only 125 cal! (teamed with 1/2 toasted wheat pita pocket and coffee = a satisfying cooked breakfast for a little under 250 cals)
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    This was such a good idea. I dont know where the heck my muffin tin went so I used ramekins. Put a small piece of lean ham in the bottom, then sauteed peppers and onions, cracked in an egg and baked in the toaster oven. Then I spread my half an english with laughing cow and topped with the egg muffin thing..lol..it was AWESOME!!
  • broxi1979
    broxi1979 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have been practising poached eggs for a couple weeks now and have my technique down well now, although this looks a lot easier ... 6 eggs?

My technique.

First boil up enough water in the kettle (not required but quicker)
    Transfer water to a decent sized pan
    add a little white wine vinegar to the water
    crack the eggs into a wine glass (1 per glass or 1 at a time in the same glass)

1. Ensure that the water is not fast boiling (this will cause the egg to break up) the water should be hot but still.
    2. Using a shallow ladel, spin the water in a clockwise direction
    3. Once you have your spin going, pour the egg from the wine glass in to the water in the same direction the water is spinning.
    4. Give it 5-6 seconds, then put your ladel into the side of the pan, not disturbing the egg white, and give a quick push back on the water in the opposite direction of it's spin.
    5. This will act to almost halt the spin of the water, however the egg will continue to spin and wrap around itself.

Finally. Leave the egg alone now to poach, once it's done to your liking, remove the egg and place it in cold water to halt the cooking process.

Walaa!! Perfect Poached Eggs