Hello! Nervous about doing this...

Options
rat70
rat70 Posts: 129 Member
Hi! I've just joined MFP a few days ago and am using the iPhone app (love it!!) but I am nervous about putting myself 'out there' on the forums! However, I have had a look around and you all seem a very supportive, lovely and 'normal' bunch of people *grin*. I have also read so many fabulous success stories here and I am so inspired to make this my final (and successful) attempt at losing weight. I am determined to be one of the 'success stories'!

At the moment I'm pretty excited about the possibilities but I am also very conscious that for nearly all of my 41 years I've been overweight and I in recent years I've not felt very confident that I can lose it. I am throwing myself headlong into this effort and, while I have a wonderfully supportive husband, I thnk that the more support I have the better so I'm being brave and taking this step to become part of a health conscious, weight loss community! Thank you all for being 'out there'!

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    43 year old success story here! Feel free to add me for support and motivation. :) Welcome to MFP!
  • Ebby0525
    Ebby0525 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you have joined a very supportive community! Good luck to you.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    dont be nervous! join us! join us! lol
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here... it's almost addictive. I've lost 55 pounds since joining mfp, and I know I couldn't have done it without all the wonderful people here to support me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Nothign to be nervous about,,we are all on this site for the same reason.....Welcome and Good Luck...this site is great and once you start logging in your food and counting calories it becomes addictive...
    If you need a support friend feel free to add me...
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    One of us, one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble...

:tongue:
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 54 and overweight...never thought I would ever lose the weight but since joining MFP I have been inspired!! I have lost 8 pounds in 1 month and aiming to lose another 8 the next month... so I see no reason you can't do it!!! Feel free to add me if you like... Jenni
  • prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This really is a great site. You're going to LOVE it! It has become a part of my daily routine, and I can't imagine being without it. Send a friend request if you'd like! :o)
  • EmilyDezo
    EmilyDezo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love this place. Someone else said it's almost like an addiction. I definitely agree. I have become addicted to this that I have it on my phone and computer. I have an android enabled phone so I can't get the community portion on it, but I like it because I'm able to log stuff as it happens and not later. I have found it fun to see where my calories are based upon my workouts....how many "extra" work out calories can I get in a day? And the days that I don't feel like working out I just check my homepage and see everyone else doing it and figure if they can do it why can't I. I think you'll love it here. I've only been here about a month and totally love it. Add me as a friend if you'd like. Have a good evening.
    Emily
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

YOU CAN DO THIS! And MFP will definitely help you do it.

I never thought I could lose the weight, but I have and I plan to be one of the few who keep it off permanently!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! We are definitely happy to have you on here, and happy that you are working on making some changes for the better!!
  • saveeggscracksmiles
    Options
    Hello and welcome!:D and good luck on your journey to healthiness.:3
  • kirsteinm
    kirsteinm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great. So full of support. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome. No need to be nervous. Good luck on your journey. You came to the right place. You'll see.
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    Goodluck...lots of support here on MFP!!
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? Here I am all the way in Australia and I can 'meet' people like you!
  • DK87
    DK87 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats to you on getting started!! I was very nervous and scared to put myself out there when I started MFP back in Feb. 2011
    My daughter was my inspiration and she is doing it with me :) I have lost 35 pounds and she has lost about 40. Have had some struggles of course but are trying to get back on track. When I read your message I could totally relate and wanted to wish you well.
    Best of luck,
    Donna