"10 Energy Drinks Not Worth the Sugar Rush"

Options
Hey everyone!

A friend of mine posted this article on Facebook and it was really insightful! I tend to drink a lot of energy drinks and this really opened my eyes to just how terrible they are for you and how much sugar they contain.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/grace-nasri/energy-drinks-sugar_b_876409.html?ref=fb&src=sp#s291308&title=1_Red_Eye

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I only drink sugar free energy drinks and I TRY and not drink them everyday. Too many things in them that I'm not sure how they'll affect me long term. I've found that some of the sugar free ones are really good - Monster Absolutely Zero, Rockstar in a the pink can, Sugar free Red Bull are my faves.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    And I thought they were good for you. Hmm.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Haha, just cracked open a Tilt and then saw this. I generally don't like regular energy drinks but I like that ones that contain alcohol when having some drinks because they me awake ( I am a lightweight and usually once I get a little tipsy I am ready for bed, lol)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I thought they gave you healthy energy. Thanks for posting!
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    I had a can of Relentless the other day and changed my settings to include sugar. As I scrolled down... I nearly died! It took about 50 sugars... so put me off!!! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Do people truly think these are healthy??
    A can full of sugar and chemicals in a unregulated quantity,.... sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, and a great marketing job by the producers!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    best energy drink i ever had was good old fashion sugar free 100% fruit juice! full of good stuff and vitamins to perk you up!