INSANITY WORKOUTS

Options
I would like to hear from people who have used the insanity workout program. Please let me know your opinion if you think it worked well for you or if you get the same from running and doing your own cardio. I would like to hear how you kept up and what kind of results you got. Thanks

Replies

• wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey! I LOVE Insanity! I started in february! It works all of your body, so it definitely works ya a lot more than running! My legs are always jello! It's crazy! I started a second round, but in between I would do a mix of workouts. So some Insanity, some turbo jam. I went to the gym a couple times, but would always go back to Insanity because of the intensity! I just love it! There is Insanity: The Asylum out which many are doing. You can do hybrids with Insanity. You can do a mix of Insanity workouts with other workouts (jogging, gym, other workout dvds)! But I seriously LOVE it! Let me know if you have any other questions! I'll help you out!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I get a much better workout doing Insanity than running. With Insanity, you also have body weight exercises like push-ups throughout the program which helps a lot.

My first month on Insanity the first time that I did it a couple of years ago, I lost 10 pounds an 2 inches from my waist. I was following a moderate carb/high protein diet of around 1500 calories per day. I find that diet is key to weight loss no matter what program you follow.

Also, I was more motivated to do Insanity because Shaun T. pushes you to do more through the whole workout. While I am running, I tend to slow down for no reason...and I just get bored, lol. Also, the workouts are fairly short at under 50 minutes, some closer to 40. It's just more bang for your buck in a cardio routine.