Feeling like I'm not doing this right

Options
I've been feeling lately like i'm not going about this in the right way at all:ohwell: . I exercise about 3 times a week but I get so bored with my workouts that I need to constantly switch them up and not having a gym membership doesnt help. I haven't lost any weight (well i had then this weekend was bad and I gained it all back), but I'm going on vacation this weekend and I want to be able to eat the food at the places we are going to try while were on vacation but I also don't want to overeat and have another weekend like this one. Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

I'm really wanting to lose this weight but when I don't see results I'm a quitter.:cry: I hate using that word to describe myself but it's the truth. I'm going to dedicate myself to taking this seriously and i know i'm going to need sooooo much motivation to accomplish my goal.

On another note, i was wondering if y'all include like just daily walking around as cardio in your logs. I've contemplated doing it (I go to the mall ALOT and walk around) but I just feel like counting that is just like cheating and allowing me to eat more when I really shouldn't. IDK what do y'all do?

Thanks so much for being such wonderful supporters and friends.:happy:

Replies

• tjwolf13
    tjwolf13 Posts: 14
    Options
    I count walking around sometimes depending on how much I do. I just try to be realistic about the pace so I don't have too many calories added. Also if you are having trouble with motivation because you don't see results maybe you should try something like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. If you can get yourself to do it for a month you will see results (more in inches than pounds) quicker than with other things. Check ou the threads on it here.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I walk the dog every day twice a day and count that. If you're doing a lot of walking, even if it's at the mall...it counts! Figure out how far you're walking when you go - get a heart rate monitor or a pedometer. Just about 2000 steps is a mile. See how far you can go and how fast you can do it in.

As for the food, eat what you want to eat on your vacation, just don't eat a lot of it. If you have a buffet to deal with, take small bits of what you want - as in a forkful or two. This way you can taste without depriving yourself and you still don't consume a ton of cals.

You can do this! Don't give up.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Remember that you didn't gain this weight in a day, week or even a month. Getting the weight off in a healthy, safe manner will take time. I know it is discouraging when you feel like you're doing EVERYTHING right and NOTHING is working. It takes time. If you've been doing it "right" for a few weeks with no results, it is time to re-evaluate what you're doing.

Are you eating enough? Not eating enough will prevent weight loss. I know it sounds odd and it goes against EVERYTHING that fad diet companies have been feeding the public for years. But, it's true. Your body needs food - healthy food , not junk - to function and lose weight.

If your workout bores you -- buy some new dvds or even join a gym. There's no way I could have lost all my weight without my gym membership. I was never the gym type but now I actually enjoy it. If you're nervous about joining a gym - visit different ones until you find one that suits you. My gym is very low key. All different kinds of people.

Make sure you're drinking enough water. Water is key to weight loss. It helps flush toxins out of the body, keeps your skin looking healthy and helps your organs with their basic life functions.

YOU CAN DO THIS. Don't give up!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I add walking to my Diary as long as I am walking Non-Stop and my heart rate is up.

Getting fit is not about being Perfect, it is about making more Good Decisions about Food and Exercise than Bad Ones. It is one decision at a time, and you will make Bad Decisions sometimes, we all do. But you can succeed if you keep trying.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    GRRRR...................Darn Double Post!!!