Slim Fast....?

Options
Has anyone tried it and had great suceess, my friend is taking it and has lost some lbs, just would like a little more insight, thanks

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I believe it to be more of a quick fix than a lifelong change. I did Slim Fast years ago and lost about 10 pounds...but when I started eating something other than Slim Fast, I gained it all back and a little more too.

I think it's OK for a meal on the run every now and then when you don't have the time, but not really a realistic way to lose weight and keep it off since you are not changing yoru habits and learning how to properly eat and workout.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I believe it to be more of a quick fix than a lifelong change. I did Slim Fast years ago and lost about 10 pounds...but when I started eating something other than Slim Fast, I gained it all back and a little more too.

I think it's OK for a meal on the run every now and then when you don't have the time, but not really a realistic way to lose weight and keep it off since you are not changing yoru habits and learning how to properly eat and workout.

That's exactly what it is...a quick fix. You have to change the way you think about food. Its okay if you need to lose 5 lbs or so to fit into that dress for a special occasion. But as for the long term...not so much. :smile:
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I always thought of it as a laxative......my friend says it doesn't do that to her she drinks it as a meal replacement but thanks for the info!
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Slimfast works for me, but i like to add Protein whey Powder to mine to get extra Protein in it.