Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

recent vegetarian ready to get under 200lbs !

I joined myfitnesspal on the reccomendation of friends. I have recently lost 40 lbs, and started eating a vegetarian diet, but cant seem to get under that 200 hump. I am hoping this new support will be just what i need!! :smile:

Replies

• Welcome!!! I have been veggie for about 4 years now.

Goodluck on your journey ... feel free to add me!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I couldn't have lost weight being veggie. Hell, I gained 100 lbs. during the 8 years I WAS veggie! lol But that's just a matter of making better choices.

Good luck to you! Search the forums for recipes. Lots of good ideas there. :)
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Glad you're here! I'm veggie too (vegan). You'll probably need to watch your sodium intake. But if you're already vegetarian, you've made a giant step to improving your health. Congratulations!
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    I have been eating as a pescatarian...just a little fish now and then...for over 2 years. Focusing so hard on the restrictions almost ensures that everyday I need to make the right choices. I do not have the moral conviction, but the health benefits have been extreme!

Good luck on your journey...make not just vegetarian, but healthy choices! You are doing great.