Forcing myself onto the wii fit

Options
I've just started relooking at my eatting habits again, and gone back onto my "diet" to lose another 6 pounds (fingers crossed!)

Well yesterday I thought I had had a good day with 50 cals left. Which was good.
But then I went to the fridge and saw the greek yoghurt. Cursing co op for not having the low fat version, I got a spoon and thought I'd have some as a treat. 50 cals of yoghurt, surely I'll be able to stop when I get there?
It turns out no, one can not stop after a few spoonfuls.

So 200 cals later of yoghurt, the regret, the disgust, the dred comes. I'm sure you all know what I mean "I feel like a fat pig and all I can think about is that fact I've eatten too many calories and that layer of fat under my skin and ruined a good day of eating".

So after I logged my greed on mfp, I realised its really just maths when we overeat!

So I'm 150 cals over, just need to find something that takes 150 cals of exercise. I have an hour before I'm going to bed. Need to find something that I can be bothered to do that doesnt need me to leave the house.

So I do what I have been saying "I'll do that tomorrow", I dug out the wii fit, set it up, told it I wanted to burn 150 cals, and 45 mins later, advanced boxing and superhoola hoop done, with some stretches I had cancelled out the guilt!
and actually felt relaxed after.

So from now on, when I have overeatten, or snacked when I shouldn't after work, the Wii Fitt will be staring at me in the living like my guilt and friend all in one. As from now on I have no reason why I can't work off that extra 50 cals I have eatten, the wii fit will guilt me into moving my butt, but also make me feel better after!!!

So no more excused for me to have eatten more calories then I'm allowed! :):)

(oh, and not to mention to thrill of it saying I had lost four pounds since my last visit, even if that was months ago!)

Replies

• netgirl224
    netgirl224 Posts: 64
    Options
    You turned something negative into something positive - good for you! :D

I do the same thing..if I've found I've gone over my calories, I'm right there doing Zumba on the Wii or something to help get me back where I need to be. It's almost an obsession lol
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    WTG!
    I use the Wii for the same exact thing, lol!
  • hollagolla
    hollagolla Posts: 44
    Options
    Ha ha Sus you are a Wii fit Guru!

Its good to have that in ya mind and to know that there's always a fall back plan,

Take it one day at a time
  • midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know theres a lot of people who will say its not as good as real exercise (and it doesnt take a genuis to realise a 20 min jog will burn more then my ski jump :) ) but its way more calories then i would have burned just sitting down moaning.

so thats my plan for when i go over my calories :) Punishment via my Mii :)
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday. I took my kids to a morning movie and over did it on the popcorn ended up being 100 cals from my limit, so I pulled out my Wii and started boxing. Before I knew it, 45 minutes had passed and I had not only "earned" dinner, but I had calories to spare. On one level, I knew I was exercising, but I was playing a game, so it didn't feel like work even though I was sweaty and huffy and puffy.
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know theres a lot of people who will say its not as good as real exercise (and it doesnt take a genuis to realise a 20 min jog will burn more then my ski jump :) ) but its way more calories then i would have burned just sitting down moaning.

so thats my plan for when i go over my calories :) Punishment via my Mii :)

I have 2 babies at home, so a 20 minute jog really isn't an option, nor is it appealing w all the rainstorms we've been having... So I most likely wouldn't do it, so anyone who wants to dis the Wii can kiss it. We aren't all perfect, and like you said, it's more than we'd be doing sitting around feeling guilty.
  • midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    well said :)
    and if you put the effort in to wii fit its a very good work out. plus fun! :happy: my kind of work out