Vacation - Very Limited Food Options - Help!

Options
We are going on vacation for a few days, and my access to a kitchen will be zero. We will have a mini fridge in the hotel, no microwave, and a grill while we're on the beach. I'm trying to plan some easy meals to have with me. We will eat out each night for dinner, and I'm ok with splurging a little on each of these because the restaurants are fantastic, but it's during the day where I don't want to stray too much. I'm a clean eater who eats 5 meals a day. Help!

Here are some thoughts:

Meal 1: Greek Yogurt with low sugar granola, hard-boiled egg whites.
Meal 2: Grilled chicken or steak with a piece of fruit
Meal 3: Shakeology? Not sure - this one is going to be tough
Meal 4: Out to eat
Meal 5: ?

The last two may be reversed; however, I can see Meals 3 and 4 being my trouble times. I'm sure we'll be hanging around the beach, and the little nibbles will hit, and I just want to be prepared.

What are some good portable meals?

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal? I add protein, flaxseed and cinnamon. Cottage cheese and fruit? I am trying to eat clean too and some days are better than others.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to have some oatmeal, but we won't have a microwave or any way to heat it. I may try some "overnight oats" and soak them in almond milk. Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    canned light tuna in water or the tuna packets? They even have some packets with light mayo and crackers for a meal.

luna bars

milk from fridge and dried cereal

peanut butter and (all fruit) jelly sandwiches on whole wheat bread
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    we recently went on vacay and i brought my blender with me. we had a microwave but here are some options i brought:

Breakfast : shakeology or fruit smoothies with yogurt. overnight oats. homemade granola bars (make before you leave?) with a side of fruit.

snacks: celery/carrots with hummus, celery & pb, veggies straws, granola, any kind of fruit, gaucamole rolls, turkey roll-ups, cheese and apples, etc

take advantage of the grill : i would grill lots of chicken, shrimp, steak, etc with veggie kabobs, peppers, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes in foil packets, etc.

try as much as you can to make everything in advance.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Gotta get working on my list and get prepared :) Completely forgot about tuna and hummus!
  • fancypance
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Larabars. They pack well and are pretty unprocessed.