INSANITY!!!!! SUPPORT THREAD FOR NEWBIES OF INSANITY!

Options

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Did the fit test yesterday, but I left my results at home, so I may update later, but does anyone have some results to share of their fit test? I think I could have done better if it would not have been a holiday and our anniversary this last weekend! But we are still on track and I'm back to drinking a lot of water and eating right!

BTW, we did the Pure Cardio and the Ab workout on Saturday!! I could not make it through the abs, they were insane!! But I tried each exercise and I hope I can do better when I have to do it again tomorrow!

i just did the pure cardio and cardio abs as well and it is tough!! but just like the others im sure we will get better! i did my fit test and i improved on all but the globe jumps; no clue why i could get that number up lol!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Holy Moly.....third day of insanity and I think I am INSANE for trying this. I ALWAYS end up wrenched in sweat. Some of the excecises are a little hard for me because of my knees. I have been drinking glucosamine and my regular regimen of Naproxen. Any other ideas? I am super excited though because I feel like that workout is really giving me a work out.....lol

maybe after week 1 it wont hurt so bad? it seems that the 1st week was extra tough on my whole body!
  • BigAL456
    BigAL456 Posts: 56
    Options
    I loved Insanity! I did two rounds of it. Believe me, if you stick with it, it does get better and you will see results! I lost most of my weight with Shaun T. Now I'm almost down with Rev Abs with Bret Hoebel and loving the results.
    Like Shaun T say dig deeper! Do the best that YOU can do and get better with every workout. Goodluck. Feel feel to add me as a friend for support if you like.
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Options
    took the day off and my groin is feeling much better! Instead I hit the gym and put some work in the upper body. Going to make it up by doing a double on the Cardio recovery day. I see a lot of people are doing 2nd rounds of Insanity, or Insanity/P90 Hybrids, how come people don't take up Hip Hop Abs? Shaun T is hilarious and I think doing Hip Hop Abs would be fun. Has anyone done it? Is it as physically demanding as Insanity or even close?

haha my favorite Shaun T lines are
    "Im smiling cuz I love ittt"
    and any line where Shaun T refers to himself in third person.
    "Shaun T startinn to sweattttt"
  • HalloweenNinja
    Options
    Hey all!

I just started yesterday - that fitness test alone damn near killed me! What are the actual workouts like compared to the fitness test?! I'm scared now. =/

Also, for aburk13456 and for anyone else else who has completed it all, what's the step up from the first month to the second month like?
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio and Abs today again! I seriously cannot get all the way through each ab exercise, it is insane! As Shaun T says, at least there are no crunches! Yeah, I think I could make it through crunches better than his ab routines!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I just started yesterday - that fitness test alone damn near killed me! What are the actual workouts like compared to the fitness test?! I'm scared now. =/

Also, for aburk13456 and for anyone else else who has completed it all, what's the step up from the first month to the second month like?

Just when you though you mastered Insanity during month 1. Month 2 comes along to smack you back down to reality. Month 2 gives new meaning to Insanity. Sorry don't mean to scare you, but it is what it is.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    just started Insanity-finished 30DS and C25K--now going to try to be insane!! the son (football player--)laughed at my fitness challenge--(he will pay!!! LOL) anyway--Good Luck to all!!! :flowerforyou:
  • HalloweenNinja
    Options
    Hey all!

Just when you though you mastered Insanity during month 1. Month 2 comes along to smack you back down to reality. Month 2 gives new meaning to Insanity. Sorry don't mean to scare you, but it is what it is.
    Ah well... thanks for warning. At least my blog's going to look interesting. May be I should rename it to "Shawn T Assisted Suicide Over 60 days". =P
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    I had to skip yesterday's work out ;( my right knee is not feeling so good. I am taking glucosamine and naproxen. I have tendonitis on both of my knees....any suggestions?
  • dani921
    dani921 Posts: 8
    Options
    I did insanity for like a month. I'd like to do it again but I live on the top floor of my apt complex and I feel uncomfortable as I don't know how a jump is perceived on the floor below me. However, she moves out next week so maybe I can at least do it til there is a new tenant.
  • SDH15
    Options
    I had to skip yesterday's work out ;( my right knee is not feeling so good. I am taking glucosamine and naproxen. I have tendonitis on both of my knees....any suggestions?

Insanity is really lower body/leg intensive.....I've got no advice on the recovery process (maybe someone else can help chime in on that) but if you decide to continue really take Shauns advice and try not to compromise form. Do that by going slower, not just trying to pump out as many reps possible, focus on Landing softly everytime and try wearing really supportive trainers while doing the exercises. Always beware of any lateral jump movements. I don't have any knee problems as of yet but I always take it easy on moves like the ski jumps to ensure i don't damage my knees for the future. Haven't really hard of any modifications for the moves in Insanity, but I know if you jump slow - aim for perfect form - don't go below 90 deegrees on the knees you can still get amazing results. Good Luck!
  • SDH15
    Options
    Also found on another forum:

"Tips:

1. Put extra padding on ur floor. I use those interlocking foam mats and throw a cushioned area rug on top of that.

2. Wear good Crosstrainers - Running shoes don't give enough support

3. Land on ur toes with ALL of the jumps

4. Check ur form. Bad form on squats and lunges lead to knee pain

With the impact of Insanity, I was having some trouble with my knees in the first round; I started supplementing with the following:

1500mg Vitamin C/day (500mgx3)
    fish oil tablets/day (x3/day)
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM (x3/day) (takes 2 weeks to start working)

These all have anti-inflammatory properties. If you are allergic to fish or shellfish, ask your doctor first before taking the Chondroitin.

Hope this helps!

~Coach LeeiaL "
  • McghanK
    Options
    Also found on another forum:

"Tips:

1. Put extra padding on ur floor. I use those interlocking foam mats and throw a cushioned area rug on top of that.

2. Wear good Crosstrainers - Running shoes don't give enough support

3. Land on ur toes with ALL of the jumps

4. Check ur form. Bad form on squats and lunges lead to knee pain

With the impact of Insanity, I was having some trouble with my knees in the first round; I started supplementing with the following:

1500mg Vitamin C/day (500mgx3)
    fish oil tablets/day (x3/day)
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM (x3/day) (takes 2 weeks to start working)

These all have anti-inflammatory properties. If you are allergic to fish or shellfish, ask your doctor first before taking the Chondroitin.

Hope this helps!

~Coach LeeiaL "

Thanks,

They don't hurt when I jump, it's just the bending. I can't really do the bending with my right knee ;(
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    took the day off and my groin is feeling much better! Instead I hit the gym and put some work in the upper body. Going to make it up by doing a double on the Cardio recovery day. I see a lot of people are doing 2nd rounds of Insanity, or Insanity/P90 Hybrids, how come people don't take up Hip Hop Abs? Shaun T is hilarious and I think doing Hip Hop Abs would be fun. Has anyone done it? Is it as physically demanding as Insanity or even close?

haha my favorite Shaun T lines are
    "Im smiling cuz I love ittt"
    and any line where Shaun T refers to himself in third person.
    "Shaun T startinn to sweattttt"

i am horrible at "dancey" workouts, lol! i had turbo jam and i just felt silly and retarded and didnt sweat enough! Some people love it though!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Hey all!

im going to let it be a surprise..dont want to scare you :wink:
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Pure Cardio and Abs today again! I seriously cannot get all the way through each ab exercise, it is insane! As Shaun T says, at least there are no crunches! Yeah, I think I could make it through crunches better than his ab routines!!

my thoughts exactly..im sure crunches are easier, lol!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    plyo felt like day 1 last night, lol! week 3 is kicking my butt!
  • McghanK
    Options
    I did pure cardio today....it was tough and yes I had to stop quite a few times...lol...but I am proud of myself I can actually get through the whole warmup with out stopping. The high knees kill me EVERYTIME....lol...
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    plyo felt like day 1 last night, lol! week 3 is kicking my butt!

This week is kicking my butt too!! I am more sore than last week, though not as sore as the first, I think! Cardio recovery felt wonderful, though, today! Hoooraaayy for Cardio recovery!